Blockdude For Linux (pc) Testing Please :)

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Hi,

I delved myself in creating a linux version of blockdude for the PC this wasn't very hard to do since the gp2x is running linux as well. However i'd like to have it tested for the following reason :

You see i compiled it so that it uses the libs which arent avaible on the target machine from the current directory. For the reason that it's closed source and according to a www.gamedev.net article the only to stay correct with all the licences and stuff is to not staticly link like we do on the gp2x but to use other libraries than the ones installed on your system when compiling the game. So that's what i did.

If people on linux want to try it out : http://users.pandora.be/IMS/blockdude.tar.gz

normally it *should* work on most distro's now. It's been tested already in ubunty gutsy 7.04 and ubuntu 8.xx beta and found working.

However i'd like to know what it does when running it from another distro. if the game doesn't start please run it from the command line and it should tell you the error message and lib it couldn't load.

thanks.

joyrider said:
However i'd like to know what it does when running it from another distro. if the game doesn't start please run it from the command line and it should tell you the error message and lib it couldn't load.
thanks.
No problems with PCLinuxOS (Community Release: PCLOS Gnome 2008)
Had a small crash trying the editor, but that's probably because I just randomly tried some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back