Blender help?

Jourdy288

OK, so I'm progressing nicely in Blender, but I need some help: what are some other programs that will export .blend files? I'm looking for stuff to create simple structures, buildings, etc., and then I'll use Blender for finishing them up. Trouble is, I can't seem to find anything that exports .blend files relatively painlessly. Help?

The Blend file format is not an interchange format, and as such you aren't likely to find much that uses it other than Blender.

Blender has shitloads of import and export scripts, so look for a Blender import script for the a format that your other program can export.

Sketchup should do what you want and I believe there exists an import script for Sketchup's native format.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are tons of plugins for Blender that can be used to generate models .. for cities, there's a great plugin but I've forgotten what its called. You can generate a whole city worth of buildings and skyscrapers very easily .. hmm .. a bit of google here will help and I think if you find that plugin, you'll find others too ..

Tempel: thats the one! I love the plugin, its really sexy .. ;)

Back