Black Dingoos Now At Dealextreme

Uhh.. ahahahahh (uncomfortable laughter)

I wouldn't go down that line of conversation :)

Iorgy77 posted on May 25 2009 at 04:38 PM said:
Took about two and a half weeks from ordering to recieve my black dingoo in AU. Nice little system so far, build quality seems solid and screen is nice.
I waited 8 months for the Wiz. I don't mind waiting 2.5 weeks for a Dingoo.
So you have a dingoo slaneesh? any plans to port anything interesting to it?
I've ordered one (should arrive today or tomorrow) too, mate. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
Mjlink posted on Apr 14 2009 at 02:10 AM: said:
<div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
'Chip' posted on 'Apr 12 2009 at 05:06 PM: said:
I ordered mine a week ago and it still hasn't shipped, despite the page claiming it is in stock.

I wonder if I can change my order to a black one.
Wow, a week & no movement. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Finally got the shipping email today, but of course the tracking number they gave me comes up as invalid. I never heard back from them about switching from white to black, so I guess it will be a surprise which one I get.
Ordered two black, waited 1 month, emailed to switch one to white while I wait for the black. They did so without problems (note their system is a little slow, took over 2 days before I heard back.)

How come you're getting two, spaceballs?

I'm going to have to get round to installing Ubuntu on a machine, but I never seem to get time. Too much backing-up/partitioning work to do..

Hey ste, you can install ubuntu like a normal windows program. no need for partitions if you just want to use it for your dingoo. :)

Mjlink said:
trooper said:
LiveCD anyone ???.

Trooper
If you wait a few more days BooBoo will have Dingux ready for FAT32 or FAT16, not sure which but it will be in the next Dingux update.

System installation pack and toolchain released
Big news. Grab both from the google code download section .

The installation pack includes the kernel images and a root filesystem in ROMFS format. You just need to place both in the root directory of the first (and most likely only) FAT partition of your miniSD card. No need for ext2/ext3 any longer, which should make Windoze users quite happy.

Another big improvement is console and file transfer. As soon as linux boots your PC will detect a new network card and it will be assigned a network address (by a DHCP server in your A320). Telnet to 10.1.0.2 to get console access, FTP to 10.1.0.2 to transfer files.

http://www.dingux.com/2009/07/system-installation-pack-and-toolchain.html

UPDATE: note that existing applications do not work on this new root filesystem. They will have to be recompiled using the new toolchain. I bet developers will catch up quickly.
Posted by booboo at 4:50 AM

I finally got my Dingoo yesterday and have been messing around with it all day. I didn't have time to install dingux yet but will do that tonight. So far I'm loving the Dingoo. Only complaint is left/up is hard to do with the dpad. I'll try the mod and see how much that helps. I can pull moves in fighting game with ease.

Back