Black Dingoos Now At Dealextreme

sold said:
Ordered a black a320 from deal extreme yesterday. I have a feeling that even though there is more stuff available for the wiz currently, the Dingoo could be a better machine once people start to dev on it more.

How is that possible? The only advantages the dingoo has over the Wiz are price and battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dingoo is supposedly more powerful than a gp2x, and the wiz is not much more powerful than a 2x except for its 3d capabilities.

I'm trying to find out more about the Jz4732/40 Ingenic soc which has an Xburst processor that is in the A-320 to get a better idea if it is true that it performs comparably to the psps' r4000. I've read this on a couple of sites, and if it is true, then the Dingoo is indeed much faster than both the gp2x and the wiz. The Jz4732 is supposed to be the same as the Jz4740.

I suppose people could just think that it is powerfull because it is a 360mhz mips processor and can be safely clocked to 430mhz. There is some info on the soc in the link below. I don't understand it all myself.

CODE
http://www.ingenic.cn/eng/productServ/App/JZ4740/pfCustomPage.aspx

There is a data sheet at the bottom of that page.

Dingo advantages: 4GB internal storage and the soc is possibly more powerful. Runs current "quick and dirty" ports well. normal face buttons.

Can anyone clarify or confirm any of this stuff :))

Alright, so I got my Dingoo today. :D I figured Id write some quick impressions. The build quality is way better than I expected with exception to the back of the unit. The plastic there kind of feels cheap. Ive only encountered this type of plastic once before and it was on a cheap multi-card reader from deal extreme. I may be wrong, but it doesnt feel very durable so get a hard case if youre going to take it out a lot. I really like the D-Pad and the Buttons so far. My R button was kind of screwed up out of the box. I noticed playing some GBA games that it wasnt registering, and eventually figured out I had to put a lot of pressure on it. I was debating opening the case when for some odd reason I just decided to kind of hit the button against my knuckles a couple times. Oddly enough it did the job and now the R button performs perfectly along with the rest of the buttons. So far the emulation is really nice. Im really enjoying Legend of Zelda on the NES. Two emulation problems Ive already run into are Pilot Wings on SNES and Pokemon for GBA. For Pilot Wings the game pretty much turned into a 3 fps slide show and Pokemon just white screened.

Overall Id say its a pretty great device even though I had problems with the R button. Now that its fixed Im happy. I also tried some WMV videos I encoded earlier this week and they all ran perfectly fine. I love this gadget.

Mjlink said:
'Chip' said:
I ordered mine a week ago and it still hasn't shipped, despite the page claiming it is in stock.

I wonder if I can change my order to a black one.
Wow, a week & no movement. Finally got the shipping email today, but of course the tracking number they gave me comes up as invalid. I never heard back from them about switching from white to black, so I guess it will be a surprise which one I get.

My black Dingoo just arrived from Deal Extreme. I ordered a week ago. I wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon!
It's pretty sweet. The build quality is nice,. The buttons are good. The d-pad is great, much better than I expected. The shoulder buttons are more comfortable than expected. Audio works well, particularly the fm radio is surprisingly good. TV out works well. The screen is not bad. Video plays smooth. For $85 I cannot complain at all. I'm gonna go through the emulators next.

Hopefully a good scene emerges around this device. It's well worth the price and with a little refinement in its available software it can be a great machine.

'Peter R' said:
How can people stand that D-Pad? I found it to be terrible to use!
I think it's great, no issues here, could it be misaligned in your unit?

My Black Dingoo just made it from DX today to PA from China.
I had paid extra for EMS shipping. It arrived @JFK NYC yesterday according to tracking.
Spent the afternoon filling up an 8GB microSD from my GP2X 16GB SDHC card.

Initial thoughts are good. Played around with the 1943esque shooter & radio. The interface is smooth.
It should be interesting to see this bloom.

Peace

Link

Craig, you bugger, the price has gone up! Bollocks! :lol:

Ah well, I'll leave it for now.

one bloody week ive been waiting for any kind of movement on my order for a black a320 from dealextreme, its still saying waiting for supplier. how comes craigs prices have gone up? im starting to wonder if craigs had to put his prices up due to a suppliers price increase then i obviously wont be getting my a320 for £56

CUPC4KES posted on Apr 28 2009 at 12:12 PM said:
one bloody week ive been waiting for any kind of movement on my order for a black a320 from dealextreme, its still saying waiting for supplier. how comes craigs prices have gone up? im starting to wonder if craigs had to put his prices up due to a suppliers price increase then i obviously wont be getting my a320 for £56
Don't freak out, that's pretty typical. It took me about a month total to receive my Dingoo in the US. It took about a week to get beyond the waiting for supplier stage - to packaging.

Took about two and a half weeks from ordering to recieve my black dingoo in AU. Nice little system so far, build quality seems solid and screen is nice.

Iorgy77 posted on May 25 2009 at 04:38 PM said:
Took about two and a half weeks from ordering to recieve my black dingoo in AU. Nice little system so far, build quality seems solid and screen is nice.
I waited 8 months for the Wiz. I don't mind waiting 2.5 weeks for a Dingoo.

So you have a dingoo slaneesh? any plans to port anything interesting to it?

I would have thought ordering from GBAX would be a shoe in for anyone based in the UK. Weeks of waiting, slight risk of import taxes and ... what do you do with it if you get a lemon?

Anyway, I had a black Dingoo arrive today and, I must say, I'm really quite impressed at just how fast navigating to and launching games actually is. A lot of the GBA games I've thrown at it thus far have been surprisingly playable, despite some sound distortion in things like Golden Sun 1/2. I haven't tried the other emus yet.

I've got a Pinnacle Video Transfer Unit which I've already tested with the Dingoo, the resulting video quality is pretty good so I'll be taking videos of various bits and bobs.

If you're on the fence, and want a nice purdy video of anything then give me a shout.

What's with the 2G, 4G, 8G marks on the box? I've yet to see an 8gb A320.

I would have thought ordering from GBAX would be a shoe in for anyone based in the UK. Weeks of waiting, slight risk of import taxes and ... what do you do with it if you get a lemon?
Even with import taxes you are saving £18 by ordering from DealExtreme...

So you have a dingoo slaneesh? any plans to port anything interesting to it?
MAME4ALL if no one else is. Not sure if Franxis was interested in the Dingoo?

Back