GP2X Better Gp2x Carrying Case

OldGamer

Still Fresh
Greetings from a long-time lurker, first-time poster.
I purchased my GP2X from gp2x.co.uk several months ago and it's great. My only major gripe is that the carrying case I got with it can't take much more than the handheld itself.
I'm hoping for something which can comfortably accommodate the handheld along with in-ear headphones plus at least one additional set of batteries and maybe even a charger, ideally with everything nicely secured and protected without rattling about. Any suggestions?

So is the official case really that bad? I may buy one and keep the GP32 case for the... well, GP32 :)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Oct 18 2006 at 04:32 PM said:
So is the official case really that bad? I may buy one and keep the GP32 case for the... well, GP32 :)

- Alex

If you leave the house with 2 fresh batteries and the SD card installed already then no... the official case is a good case for that. It just fits the GP2X(if I remember right, I sold it.).

However, I like to keep my GP2X, 3 SD cards, pendrive adapter and a spare set of batteries with the 2X so I can keep everything together. In that case then the GP2X case doesn't come close to having enough room.

If I want to take my PSP and GP2X out with me then the case I have also has room for both systems - one in each zipper pocket on the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official one is a good hard protective case for just the GP2x itself. You can always put it in another bag with all the accessories you want to carry around.

I figure maybe a mod to the official case would be good... the little mesh bit at the top could be ripped off and something with zippers could be sewn into the top area. I would be really happy if i could carry around multiple sd cards without the fear of them falling out. Once I went on a long car trip and played the gp2x the whole way but had a movie on a seperate sd. I couldn't find the seperate sd after the trip, but two days later I found it sitting in rain water below the curb where my dad parks his truck and it still works.

Jackd posted on Oct 20 2006 at 10:41 AM said:
I figure maybe a mod to the official case would be good... the little mesh bit at the top could be ripped off and something with zippers could be sewn into the top area. I would be really happy if i could carry around multiple sd cards without the fear of them falling out. Once I went on a long car trip and played the gp2x the whole way but had a movie on a seperate sd. I couldn't find the seperate sd after the trip, but two days later I found it sitting in rain water below the curb where my dad parks his truck and it still works.

yes, i would agree there. its a nice strong case but the little mesh thingo needs something, if not a zip then maybe velcro. i might try that tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back