Release (beta) spi.snes 0.6.0

strangly , there isnt such a file on .tmp

EDIT: OK Found it, but i use now my Laptop to post this..

EDIT2 Just make a "out" on it instead of TXT..

pndrun_spi.snes.txt

Attachments

• pndrun_spi.snes.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
seems a little more demanding than the 1.39 & 1.43 based emulators
snes9x 1.53 is indeed more demanding. But listen carefully, you'll ear where all these cpu cycles are going :p  

I'm liking the emulator a lot, but I noticed that it doesn't seem to detect all of my ROMs (they're all in the same folder if it matters). Is there a way to manually add them?
There's 2 potentials reasons why it wouldnt list your rom : either you have multiple copies of the same rom (aka same CRC32) and then the emulator will always use the same file (the 1st one found while scanning) or the file cannot be loaded during scaning and thuss is not recognized as a rom.
Is there anything I can do to fix the issue if it's the latter? I've confirmed that the ROMs work in other emulators at least.

Is there anything I can do to fix the issue if it's the latter? I've confirmed that the ROMs work in other emulators at least.
I would bet it's the former.To be sure, you can actually start the emulator on this ROM manually :

Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p <path-to-pnd> -e scripts/interface.sh -a <path-to-rom>
or
Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/path/to/spi.snes.pnd" -m
cd /mnt/utmp/spi.snes
./bin/interface /path/to/rom.zip
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/path/to/spi.snes.pnd" -u

Thanks! Found out the issue. Bit embarrassed I hadn't noticed before, but games that weren't showing up had a .sfc extension as opposed to a .smc one. Looks like it should just be an issue of switching that around and then I'm good to go.

Thanks! Found out the issue. Bit embarrassed I hadn't noticed before, but games that weren't showing up had a .sfc extension as opposed to a .smc one. Looks like it should just be an issue of switching that around and then I'm good to go.
geez, that's indeed a bug on my side. thanks for pointing this to me.... also fixed (was an easy one)EDIT: instead of renaming, just zip the rom :)

Dont know if anyone else has experienced this but when running "Super FX" games (Starwing & Vortex) there are sometimes after images which can make things tricky with a fast moving target. The games are still playable for the most part, this is just a minor annoyance.

does it have superscope via touchscreen support?
also this would be awesome if possible^

Anyone got a controller setup recommendation for this emulator? I really like using my Wii U Pro controller with a Mayflash adapter, but it doesn't seem to work natively or with QJoyPad.

Anyone got a controller setup recommendation for this emulator? I really like using my Wii U Pro controller with a Mayflash adapter, but it doesn't seem to work natively or with QJoyPad.
Controler configuration should come with next release. Albeit I'm more playing Torchlight2 these days than coding :p

I'll assume you've made sure it's not a USB1 device you're plugging into the big USB port without using a hub.
Correct, got a hub for it. I've gotten it to work with other emulators and programs, but QJP doesn't recognize it. It's not a big deal though, I'll just use another gamepad for now.

QJP recognizes other controllers though? That is interesting. Have you tried using the controller over Bluetooth?

QJP recognizes other controllers though? That is interesting. Have you tried using the controller over Bluetooth?
I did, but with no luck due to the PIN. Also tried pairing the Wii U Pro controller with the OUYA controller method detailed on the wiki, but that didn't work either.

Huh, haven't seen that, thanks! I'll look more into it when I get a chance. Any idea if it would need a port job or just work natively?

From what I remember when I looked previously, functionality is already present in the kernel, but the binding lib may need to be compiled.

Back