Release (beta) spi.snes 0.6.0

From what I can tell, the US version runs full speed without frame drop just on the Pandora, but slows down once the controller and TV-Out are introduced.
Could you try to find out if it come from the TV-out or from qjoypad ?I somehow bet it's the later (as the emulation use every single bit of CPU time :p )

If so, a release managing itself the control would fix this

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I found a different version of Yoshi's Island that plays but it's a little bit jerky during actual game play (no graphical filters applied)

Ok, I found a different version of Yoshi's Island that plays but it's a little bit jerky during actual game play (no graphical filters applied)
ok I'll have a look for this. nice to know you found a playable dump though.
Thanks for your work on this emulator, it's great to see new progress on the Pandora

seems a little more demanding than the 1.39 & 1.43 based emulators

But I like the features and eye candy etc this offers, seems more catered to the pandora, and love the fact it's skinable, nice work!

I'm liking the emulator a lot, but I noticed that it doesn't seem to detect all of my ROMs (they're all in the same folder if it matters). Is there a way to manually add them?

seems a little more demanding than the 1.39 & 1.43 based emulators
snes9x 1.53 is indeed more demanding. But listen carefully, you'll ear where all these cpu cycles are going :p  

I'm liking the emulator a lot, but I noticed that it doesn't seem to detect all of my ROMs (they're all in the same folder if it matters). Is there a way to manually add them?
There's 2 potentials reasons why it wouldnt list your rom : either you have multiple copies of the same rom (aka same CRC32) and then the emulator will always use the same file (the 1st one found while scanning) or the file cannot be loaded during scaning and thuss is not recognized as a rom.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the two numbers at the top of the screen? The one at the left holds at 60, but in SoM, the number on the right fluctuates a lot.
I nearly forgot to reply you  :unsure:  

E is emulation loop speed, R is the rendering loop speed.

is R isnt constant, either your filtering options are too expensive, or the emulator dropped a frame or 2.

What are the two numbers at the top of the screen? The one at the left holds at 60, but in SoM, the number on the right fluctuates a lot.
I nearly forgot to reply you :unsure:
E is emulation loop speed, R is the rendering loop speed.

is R isnt constant, either your filtering options are too expensive, or the emulator dropped a frame or 2.
Okay that is what I thought. Will test more and report back.

Finally tried to give this a try.Loaded up the pnd, the loading bar was showing and -bam-, back to desktop. 

My .out file:

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/SD1/pandora/apps/spi.snes.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/SD1/pandora/appdata/pndmanager

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : scripts/interface.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/spi.snes"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD1/pandora/appdata/spi.snes=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/spi.snes=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/spi.snes"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/interface.sh  ) ----------

EGLport Warning: DEBUG is enabled which may effect performance

EGLport: egl_mode= set to 0.

EGLport: use_vsync= set to 1.

EGLport: Opening EGL display

EGLport: Using EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY

EGLport: Initializing

EGL Implementation Version: Major 1 Minor 4

EGL_VENDOR: Imagination Technologies

EGL_VERSION: 1.4 build 1.4.14.2616

EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_vg_parent_image EGL_IMG_context_priority 

EGLport: Found 2 available configs

EGLport: Using Config 0

EGLport: Binding API

EGLport: Creating Context

EGLport: Creating window surface

EGLport: Making Current

EGLport: Setting swap interval

EGLport: Complete

Compiled shaders/color.glsl in 18ms

Compiled shaders/colors.glsl in 14ms

Compiled shaders/font.glsl in 30ms

Compiled shaders/texture.glsl in 17ms

Compiled shaders/simple.glsl in 15ms

Compiled shaders/scale2x.glsl in 65ms

ERROR: could not open 'userdb.eet' for read

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 522:  3418 Segmentation fault      "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( scripts/interface.sh  ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/spi.snes': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 3

Any idea what's going on?

ERROR: could not open 'userdb.eet' for read
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 522:  3418 Segmentation fault      "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
Any idea what's going on?
 Seen this ?

WARNINGs:

On CC model, 1st run requiere some swap (might also requiere swap for later runs if you have too much games)

Oh, I hadn't used my Pandora in a long while. So good hint! I updated my OS and now everythings works fine :) Thanks!

Im a bit late, but didnt had some time to play whit the Pandora until eastern

I have a Circuitco Pandora, and a 1 gb Swapfile

I opened the Emulator, then waitet a bit until the database was built, and all went well, but when i try to start the Games, i only got some screen flickering..

Testet whit Kirbys Funpack, California Games 2 etc..

The Omap is clocket to 925 mhz

Or do i have the old graphic driver??

And how do i go to the Options??

Ok, then i put it back to 750 mhz (600 mhz is a bit slow..) and update the OS..

Strangly i tought, there isnt a Update Anymore, but seems like the Update just found something to download..

Hopefully the Pyra is near, because then i have a device, which is as powerfull as every Pyra ..

Not 3 diverent Classes as on the Pandora:

Firstbatch

Dosnt seems to work this way, maybe the Unit is just too slow..

Mybe its because my Roms arend Zipped??

But the Emulator still find they whitout Problems..

Back