Best Way To Take Screen Captures?

Not unless the game has its own screenshot function, which with the almighty SDL is a cinch to do :)

- Alex

If this is for the competition entries, since it looks like most of the entries are going to be last minute submissions, you could put out a request for the entries to be accompanied by a screenshot. Any SDL apps, probably the majority, will have no trouble grabbing a screen shot for you. I am sure most devs would prefer to select their own screenshot anyway.

Make it one of the rules for the next one.

Ah, thanks shikaku. Ya, its for the competition. Some entries dont have screen shots, and i tried with fbgrab, and it took a picture of the program exiting SDL lol. Anyway, thanks :)

you can connect to your gp2x via terminal and just run "cat /dev/fb1 > /mnt/sd/screenshot.raw" should work with next to evry app.
The image you get is in raw fileformat 320*240 16 bit 565 color, you can use irfan view to convert it to a format you like.

Damnit, I cant get hotkey to work.

I edited hotkey.gpu to change: HOTKEY_HOME=/sd/apps/hotkey/
I kept HOTKEY_KEYS="L,R,SELECT"

When I launch hotkey.gpu and press L+R+SELECT, nothing happens and there are no raw screenshots anywhere on the sd card (I assume they will be captured somewhere in the /hotkey directory. It should be noted that I am using Gmenu.

What do I have to do to get hotkey to work?

THANK YOU

EDIT: btw, I am doing a CompSci project for a webpage on the GP2X and it's due in an hour, so I really would like to get this thing working very soon

johnz1 posted on Dec 14 2006 at 05:02 AM said:
Damnit, I cant get hotkey to work.
What do I have to do to get hotkey to work?

I think the code that detects key presses is a little dumb. You may have to press and hold the keys for a few seconds. If that still doesn't work, I would do like Vimacs suggested.

Edit: You could try the screen blanker app to see if it's working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back