Best Way To Replace The Screen.

konqithedragon said:
What is the best way to remove the old gp2x plastic screen and put a new one in there?
are you talking about the hard cover for the lcd screen? i'm assuming your display still works? us mk1 people had to put the screen cover in ourselves.

so if it's the plastic cover, you can order them from some of the shops that sell gp2xs, and either pry the old one out with a little screwdriver (doesn't matter if you bend it since you're getting a new one :D ) or open the whole thing and do it from the back. the front's probably easier.

do it in your bathroom after you run the shower for a few minutes, the water will trap all the dust.

it's not really a big deal, there's no real trick to it, might want to have a can of compressed air around too. if you let a lot of dust in you may find yourself doing it over :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks, but what I'm planning to do is get a small piece of glass cut to replace the plastic, but I would like to know whats the best way to stick down the glass?

konqithedragon said:
yes but I just said I'm getting a GLASS one made, not buying the plastic one.

put some masking tape along 1 side of the screen,heat the screen up a bit with a hair dryer , then prise the edge up with a butter knife...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think konqithedragon got half the info he wanted. The second half would be how to stick his glass screen replacement. Maybe some really thin 2 side tape?

Back