Best Rpg's - All Emulators ...

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
As the title says, what RPG's are the best across all fully playable emulators on GP2X? Indicate whether random battles, turn based, or realtime battles please! - Obviously only ems with savestaes need apply! ;)

Most RPG's take many hours to complete and I want a few ideas for the best before starting on some!

Phantasy Star IV (Sega Genesis) Turn-Based RPG with many random battles. Many!

... friggin' cart cost $100 when it first came out, and I became overjoyed when I was finally able to play it :D

do a search for this topic b/c i had a thread going that we got a SERIOUS good list of RPGs.

any Phantasy Star (though 3 is the weakest)
Earthbound
Dragon Warrior

truth be told, I've never played a Final Fantasy.but I hear 3 is a force to be reckoned with)

I just started playing on GBA emu Final Fantasy Tactics (which is Turn Based strategy, like Advance Wars..looks pretty hot so far..will be better as the emu improves).

and this is something hilarious. I picked up Mario Golf Advance...it's RPG Golf! seriously.
I would have loved to have been at that pitch meeting. :)

go search that thread, it's an awesome list

If you're after an RPG that isn't turn based, I would say that Secret of Mana is the very best you will EVER find!!

This may be a good place to ask;
How well does Secret of Mana run on the GP2X? (and using which emulator)

fredster83 said:
I use squidgesnes0396 to play it, switch the renderer to one of the raster modes to view the hi-res text on the name entry screen, then switch to transparency mode when playing the game.

The game seems to run quite well @ 150mhz w/out sound with mmu hack and craigix ram timings set to on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurkio said:
fredster83 said:
I use squidgesnes0396 to play it, switch the renderer to one of the raster modes to view the hi-res text on the name entry screen, then switch to transparency mode when playing the game.

The game seems to run quite well @ 150mhz w/out sound with mmu hack and craigix ram timings set to on.

Hmmm, no sound? That's disappointing :(

Lurkio said:
fredster83 said:
The emulator can run the game with sound perfectly well, it's just that I usually have it turned off. :)

Phewf! No sound on SoM concerned me as the soundtrack on that game is really great!

fredster83 said:
Lurkio said:
fredster83 said:
The emulator can run the game with sound perfectly well, it's just that I usually have it turned off. :)

Phewf! No sound on SoM concerned me as the soundtrack on that game is really great!

yeah it's one of my favorites for music. either drpocket or squidgesnes will run it fine. turning off transparencies where you don't need them will get you some more...smoothyness.

GnuBoy runs well the "Final Fantasy Adventure"
But it is also the game from mana series.
The remake on GBA is named SWORD OF MANA.

Id avoid anything nes/snes/ etc. they are all japanese garbage. jcrpgs suck.

get vice or something and play wasteland, ultima iii, iv, v, vi. magic candle i, questron ii, legacy of the ancients, legend of blacksilver, bards tale 1/2/3, etc. all the gold box games (at least; pool of radience, azure bonds, champions of krynn, death knights of krynn), demons winter, might and magic 2, star flight.

imo jcrpgs just dont compare. certainly none of them can touch wasteland, magic candle 1, ultima iii-vi.

dont know if there is an apple ii emu for gp2x, but if there is, be certain to grab deathlord.

YakumoFuji said:
get vice or something and play wasteland, ultima iii, iv, v, vi. magic candle i, questron ii, legacy of the ancients, legend of blacksilver, bards tale 1/2/3, etc. all the gold box games (at least; pool of radience, azure bonds, champions of krynn, death knights of krynn), demons winter, might and magic 2, star flight.
Are these games really playable on GP2X? I am very love Fallout 1,2, read more about Wasteland and want to play in it. And after in all Gold Box series too.

Shin Megami Tensei 1 & 2 for PocketSNES. Megaten is the most popular CRPG series in Japan next to Final Fantasy. Because of religious references - Mesians (Christians), Gaians (Pagans), and demon-summoning - Megaten games are rarely localized into English. Thus, American fans of the series did *excellent* translations from the Japanese to English.

Also, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (PS2) enjoyed a brief U.S. release and quickly became a collectors item. You won't play it on your 2x until the alpha release of Ps24Gp2x. :lol:

@Telengard & YakumoFuji: Why do you play the C64 versions and not the Amiga versions? Do you have a better experience with Vice2x than with Amiga4All2x? BTW, there is an Apple 2 emulator for the 2x called Gp2xMESS, maintained by Telengard (ironically).

Edit: Added a smiley after the 2nd paragraph. Otherwise, I just know someone's going to take that seriously.

Shmurge said:
Are these games really playable on GP2X? I am very love Fallout 1,2, read more about Wasteland and want to play in it. And after in all Gold Box series too.
wasteland is one of the preeminent crpgs, and the c64 versions is probably the best version of wasteland.

Back