Best Games -all Genres, All Systems

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
Recently I asked which were the best playable RPG's across all platforms. The responses can be found here :

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=37731

Whilst I am now playing Chrono Trigger, I tried most of the others for a quick look, and everyone here seems to have great taste!

Anyway, and don't take offence from a relative GP2X newbie, but I am suggesting a sticky in the emulator section. I know by searching and trawling you can find the answers to the best games of all genres. However, I propose a sticky here with threads for each genre type.

For example you would have a sticky called 'Best Genres on all Emulators' and within that you might have:

Best Adventure
Best Platform
Best Shooter
Best Run 'n' Gun
Best RPG
Best Puzzle

etc & etc - post suggestions.

Lets be honest, a lot of people have owned a lot of systems, and a lot of games, but the GP2X really opens everything up to everyone. I personally never owned a PC Engine/ Turbografix but am loving the games on GP2X. Among others btw!

Yes, you can advise someone to 'use the search feature', but why not have something like this? As some emulators become more playable, people can simply add their favourite games to the respective thread (i.e. Amiga, GBA etc)

I think only fully playable games/ emulators shold be included. i.e. decent framerate, sound etc.

Anyway, just a suggestion. I know a Mod would have to implement this, but is there any support for a simple, quick and easy to see 'best games' of all genres' sticky?

Any harm in this?

PS - I always seem to post drunk but that is when I am 'most inspired' <_< Sorry for any typo's. Will correct when sober!

Edit - I mean 'pinned' on this forum. I think 'sticky is used on other forums I am on ... .. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all platforms are playable on GP2X

This is for all games of all types which are fully playable on Emu's on GP2X.

Anyone can google their favourite game types. This is just for GP2X users to see what other people find work well on the console and rock!

Why not have a section where everyone can see the best games that work? Surely this would be useful to people thinking about getting one?

BTW thanks for the links - they are good to have for my laptop emulation :D

Nice one Jeff - I love OutcaST BTW - fantastic 16 bit emulator that works full speed. For those that cannot wait for Critical/ Notaz/ Gnostic to release fullspeed Amiga, a lot of games were also on Atari ST.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

I come from Amiga, so fave shooters are Hybris and Battle Squadron. Better than any shooter on many other platforms imo.

My alltime fave, all platforms, is Gravity-Force by Stephan Wenzler. Pixel perfect control (physics), ugly graphics that you love if you play Twin Peaks music while playing (lol), thinking and shooting and attempting tricky flythroughs to collect the items.

Every game by David Braben (/Ian Bell), such as Zarch, Nebulus, Elite, Frontier, Damocles. He's a genius.

Every game by Archer MacLean, like IK+, Whirwind Snooker, you name it. He almost made me buy a PSP for Mercury :) 50yo and coding games :) Hero. He also has an arcade game collection the envy of the most avid collectors on the planet.

Every game by Andrew Braybrook like Paradroid (90), Uridium, Alleykat... a bunch of them. I didn't 'get' Uridium 2 and Morpheus tho. Nice and talented guy. Last I heard he coded utils for an insurance company. Well you gotta live, shame, he has intelligent talent.

The only Jeff Minter game that doesn't drive me up the bend is Tempest for Jaguar. :) (And soon? for the 360!) The others are too fing hard. :)

They're all on hol.abime.net (info) / pl*n*temu.net if you wanna check them out.

Worthy mentions go to Q3 and Driver. HL2 of course.

But the ultimate game after Gravity-Force is

EXILE

tadaa!

by Superior Software. Play it, love it, wake up from it when you've drowned in it for 7 hours. Über ambitious planet cave exploration masterpiece! Available on 243634637 platforms, basically from the BBC Electron and up :)

sataniC Virus said:
For example you would have a sticky called 'Best Genres on all Emulators'
Great idea!

Just today I tried the game Cannon Fodder on Uae4all because it is no 3 on lemonamiga.com (fantastic site). Didn't work, but I saw it was available for lots of other systems like Atari-ST and Genesis. Never played it and it turned out to be a fine game.

Would be nice to have a sort of database with the best 'played on gp2x' for some of the better games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic idea.

SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium and Card Fighters Clash are both the best games for the NGPC.
Metal Slug, Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, Dark Arms, and Faselei are pretty good too, but thats just out of my collection for the NGPC!

Back