Best Looking Handheld?

Which is, in your opinion, the best looking (just on pure looks and sexyness!)handheld in this poll?

• PSP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zodiac

• N-DS

• GP32

• Total voters

Ganepark32 posted on Jul 18 2004 at 04:35 PM said:
2 hours on disc usage. No i haven't seen screen shots of games running for one reason. I saw the E3 thing with the psp's that were "playable". They were on a stand which was connected to a box below which had a projector type thing projecting the images onto the psp. So after seeing this, i really couldn't be bothered with it. And how'm i bias? huxley your as bias as me with your "yeah psp is so azaming. Its gonna kick ass". Im not bias towards other companies.I actually enjoy playing my playstation 2 and xbox as much as my gamecube and i listen to all the news for each. So i takeall views into account. So I think u, huxley, are wrong. :p
Erm, when did he say "yeah psp is so azaming. Its gonna kick ass"?! He said the battery life is no where near good enough :huh:.

Crazy foo.

Last edited by a moderator:
No i never said that he said that. Thats what he's thinking. Anyway, we'll all see who comes out on top by may cause psp is gonna miss it's march launch for europe so ds will get a two month head start.

Ganepark32 posted on Jul 18 2004 at 04:54 PM said:
No i never said that he said that. Thats what he's thinking. Anyway, we'll all see who comes out on top by may cause psp is gonna miss it's march launch for europe so ds will get a two month head start.
When he blatently isn't thinking that if you read his post clearly :lol:.

Ganepark32 posted on Jul 18 2004 at 09:25 AM said:
The ds'd disc's are actually 1Gb so its not far behind the psp's disc space. And final specs haven't been released for the ds so things could change. Wonder what the gizmondo will be like? Anyone actually seen pictures of it playing games?
Um, no. Nintendo released specs claming 1gb (mini-gb indicates gigabit) meaning 128MB (hint: you divide the number by 8 to figure out it's byte equivalent. And this number cannot change for the better since it is the current maximum practical technology has allowed for a cartridge the size Nintendo is aiming for. Sorry 'bout that.

One thing guys, you can't add battery life to the arguement just yet, as I'm sure it will be low and I'm sure it won't be much improved upon but there has been word on official battery life (<--goes for PSP AND DS).

Oh, and to those who haven't compared with screens I'd say these two do both handhelds justice enough:

Nintendo DS:
metroid-prime-hunters-20040512010830719.jpg

Sony PSP (my apologies on this screen as it was the best screen I could find; try to ignore the blurriness):
fighting-spirit-20040512050357797.jpg

Attachments

• metroid-prime-hunters-20040512010830719.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 172
  • fighting-spirit-20040512050357797.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 175
    314.1 KB · Views: 165
    314.1 KB · Views: 177
    106.6 KB · Views: 179
    106.6 KB · Views: 176
I like the DS just because it is innovative. There are many possibilities to add more originality and flavor to games. Anyway as far as power goes It would have to go to PSP however, I have not seen many of the Zodiac games.

SephirothIce posted on Jul 19 2004 at 06:47 AM said:
Anyway as far as power goes It would have to go to PSP however, I have not seen many of the Zodiac games.
...Actually as I said before the DS is infact the more powerful machine comparing the specs but it, unfortunately, does not have the resolution nor amount of space to show it. Poor decisions on Nintendos part since it would have been funny to see a Nintendo machine finally beating a Playstation machine in terms of graphics :D ...then again if Sony knew that were to happen they'd probably have had to change their handheld completely in order to avoid utter humiliation. :lol:

And, man ...the Zodiac?? That thing can kiss its 200Mhz single proc'ed, 2D accelerated ass goodbye once the DS and PSP arrive. :p

Ganepark32 posted on Jul 18 2004 at 04:54 PM said:
That's what I'm thinking?!? Dude, I've not pledged myself to any of these handelds yet...heck, I'm probably not even gonna buy either of them since the only two handhelds I've ever owned are a NGPC and GP32. I'm not pretending to be totally unbias here, but I sure as hell won't make any presumptions.

Here's what I'm thinking:

The DS is ugly (currently...the design may change) as sin and technically flawed, but it's a Nintendo console so we're garunteed at least a few quality titles. We'll have to see how those 'innovations' shape up when we actually play the games.
The PSP is graphically more capable but allegedly short on batterly life which could be a crippling flaw.

I saw the E3 thing with the psp's that were "playable". They were on a stand which was connected to a box below which had a projector type thing projecting the images onto the psp.

And I wasn't lucky enough to go to E3, but that's the first I've heard about this 'projector' thing. Care to explain further?

PS - thanks for setting this guy straight, Dozer :D

Sure. The games that were supposedly being "played" on the psp, were actually coming from a projector in a box which the psp was attached to. It's also been said by other people i know and people who were there also. To be honest I'll probably get both to compare but with the lack of gizmondo screen shots im becoming curious bout what the games will be like. If they're any good i'll just get one of them to save the hastle of choosing between the ds or the psp

Lets see:
1. Zodiac(Sexy)
2. GP32(Not the prettiest, but I think its nice)
3. PSP(It looks like an oversized GBA/GP32)
4. NDS(The flip top work for sp, it doesn't work here.)

...Actually as I said before the DS is infact the more powerful machine comparing the specs but it, unfortunately, does not have the resolution nor amount of space to show it. Poor decisions on Nintendos part since it would have been funny to see a Nintendo machine finally beating a Playstation machine in terms of graphics ...then again if Sony knew that were to happen they'd probably have had to change their handheld completely in order to avoid utter humiliation.

The gamecube has better graphics then the ps2

scarface posted on Jul 22 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
...Actually as I said before the DS is infact the more powerful machine comparing the specs but it, unfortunately, does not have the resolution nor amount of space to show it. Poor decisions on Nintendos part since it would have been funny to see a Nintendo machine finally beating a Playstation machine in terms of graphics ...then again if Sony knew that were to happen they'd probably have had to change their handheld completely in order to avoid utter humiliation.

As did the N64 over the PS1.

Huxley posted on Jul 22 2004 at 12:27 PM said:
scarface posted on Jul 22 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
...Actually as I said before the DS is infact the more powerful machine comparing the specs but it, unfortunately, does not have the resolution nor amount of space to show it. Poor decisions on Nintendos part since it would have been funny to see a Nintendo machine finally beating a Playstation machine in terms of graphics  ...then again if Sony knew that were to happen they'd probably have had to change their handheld completely in order to avoid utter humiliation. 

As did the N64 over the PS1.
I hope that was sarcasm.

Eh? You saying Jumping Jack Flash looks nicer than Mario 64?

The PS1 was capable of more polygons than the N64, but Nintendo's machine could produce some neat graphical effects including anti-aliasing which gave the games a much prettier appearance. There's not much between the two, but I'd say the N64 just edges it.

Yeah the n64 wins hands down. Not only did it have better graphics but the Big N gave use some of the best games ever created. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Yoshi's Story, Banjo Kazooie and conkers bad fur day just to name a few. PS1 had some good games but they didn't compare to the N64's games. But i'd say dreamcast beats N64.

Ganepark32 posted on Jul 22 2004 at 04:28 PM said:
Yeah the n64 wins hands down. Not only did it have better graphics but the Big N gave use some of the best games ever created. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Yoshi's Story, Banjo Kazooie and conkers bad fur day just to name a few. PS1 had some good games but they didn't compare to the N64's games. But i'd say dreamcast beats N64.
Final Fantasy 7/8/9
Chrono Cross
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot
Pro evolution Soccer
Resident Evil
Tekken 3
Time Crisis
etc etc

The PS1 had many many many more good games than the N64 did. Plus the graphics were much nicer.

declaration posted on Jul 22 2004 at 05:45 PM said:
Final Fantasy 7/8/9
Chrono Cross
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot
Pro evolution Soccer
Resident Evil
Tekken 3
Time Crisis
etc etc

The PS1 had many many many more good games than the N64 did. Plus the graphics were much nicer.
Mario 64
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Turok 3
Mario Kart 64
Zelda Occarina of Time
Zelda Majo-thingy's Mask
Excitebike 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
F-Zero X
Jet Force Gemini
etc etc

But let's not get into this again, they both have good games.

Later N64 games like Conker's were probably graphically ahead of the PS1 if not by much.

thebluenewt posted on Jul 22 2004 at 06:04 PM said:
declaration posted on Jul 22 2004 at 05:45 PM said:
Final Fantasy 7/8/9
Chrono Cross
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot
Pro evolution Soccer
Resident Evil
Tekken 3
Time Crisis
etc etc

Mario 64
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Turok 3
Mario Kart 64
Zelda Occarina of Time
Zelda Majo-thingy's Mask
Excitebike 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day
F-Zero X
Jet Force Gemini
etc etc

But let's not get into this again, they both have good games.

Later N64 games like Conker's were probably graphically ahead of the PS1 if not by much.
ok, lets not get into this again, but the thing is that my list could probably go on to include 100 good games, whereas yours could not.

My list could but im not going to start it. But here's a list of dreamcast games that kick the PS1 into touch.
Sonic adventure
Sonic adventure2
Ecco the dolphin
House of the Dead 2
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Tennis 2
Soul Calibur
Metropolis Street Racing
Shadowman
IKARUGA(and don't say its crap cause it's amazing)
Dead or Alive 2
Do i need to go on.

Back