BERZERK on MAME4all

H

hakmanplayer

One of my favorite games since boyhood has been Berzerk [go figure].

I so wish I could tweak properly to achieve sound ,using the mame4all menu ,prior to playing the game.

I have tried messing with the audio settings but to no avail.

Is this just the way it is with this game =no audio?? Is anyone getting audio with the game?

To my knowledge , not all games play perfectly on mame4all . I am guessing this might be one of the chosen?

I still love the game even without sound. I also have the game on my VECTREX [with sound of course] but i think the arcade version is the overall best.

Looks great on the Pandora even though it is by far not a graphic powerhouse B)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Some games in MAME use samples (aka sound files) for some sound effects. I think that this might be one of them. No samples, no sound (at least not for sounds that use samples).

Last edited by a moderator:
There are about 60 sample files that can enhance the games they match.

You can also put the backdrop artwork from some games in the /artwork directory.

There are about 60 sample files that can enhance the games they match.

You can also put the backdrop artwork from some games in the /artwork directory.
Yes I have the samples folder but that does necessarily mean a sample file for a game will create audio?

well, i have berzerk with audio now, just following my post #5 above
hmmm...just downloaded the sample file, put in sample folder for mame4all saw they are all .wav = audio files [bunch of them] ; good sign.

let me fire up the Pandora and report back.

i assume i didn't to have to compress the sample??

I believe bezerk isnt properly emulated until a later version around 0.124 yes there are samples but bezerk used a custom exidy chip and discrete logic so it may have sound but it wont be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALERINO.........IT WORKS!!

I am so happy you chose to help me.

Actually the audio works real good ; better than anticipated.

I thought it would work when I saw all those .wav files with the musical note on them!!

I know this problem was small fry in the larger Pandora picture but it was a big one for me.

As said before Berzerk is on of my all time favorites. It was a thorn in my ass not to have audio.

I wonder how many other mame4all ROMS are in this category ??

Thank you Sir.

From my coracao!!

Last edited:
Back