[SOLVED] MAME4All issues (Split from another topic)

Cas

Cmon m8 show me a beter handheld mame anywhere else mame4all is practically perfect mame 106 and sdl while buggy run games no other handheld can n64 is a work in progress snes and md are practically perfect, yes i understand your point but thats part of the parcel with the pandora its not as if theres 10 million pandoras out there like the psp so hombrew projects are not going too be as high on the pandora but the next 8 months are going to be very interesting a little faith goes a long way chin up!!!

Hi

MAME4ALL is practically perfect, well I have had MAME on my Mac for years and it is really easy use, I tried MAME4ALL

on my Pandora after that experience and found a beast that I had no control over, and nothing would load. May try it again

later tonight just incase I missed something.

you have to update your roms to Mame4All specific romset (0.37b5)

edit: i also agree that compatibility, ease of use and standardization will definitely make pandora experience even better.

Hi

This is what people are saying, that part of your first line means nothing to me at all, how ?

Also just put the MAM4ALL pnd on my Pandora and it does not show in Minimenu :/

Just tried MAME and that does not appear either :/

Last edited by a moderator:
^ This guide (it's written for MAME 0.106, but to the best of my knowledge it will apply to 0.37b5, too - just substitute that wherever it comes up) might help you out.

As for for the PND not showing up, where did you get it from? Apparently the one on the app-store should show up.

EDIT: Ninja'd a bit.

This is what people are saying, that part of your first line means nothing to me at all, how ?
Yeah, this is not Pandora specific, this is a MAME thing. If you have difficulties understanding romsets, you'd have trouble upgrading to a new version in Windows or Mac worlds too. I don't understand why they do it, it's just part of the politics of MAME and is something you (as the knowledgeable MAME user) are expected to know how to do, or at least know how to Google.

edit: :ph34r: 2

this is not a pandora specific issue, if you don't know how to manage romsets, you'd still have problems, even in windows or linux. Search the net for ClrMamePro or RomCenter, they update/fix the roms. I've seen links here in the boards somewhere.

Hi

Thanks but I have a Mac.

^ This guide (it's written for MAME 0.106, but to the best of my knowledge it will apply to 0.37b5, too - just substitute that wherever it comes up) might help you out.

As for for the PND not showing up, where did you get it from? Apparently the one on the app-store should show up.

Hi

OK, thanks for that I have now a working copy of MAME4ALL, but how do I convert all my roms so they work, I have a

folder full of games all in zip format.

Now if I unzip one of those games I get a game folder full of files ?

The MAME I use on my Mac just uses the zip file.

Hi

OK, thanks for that I have now a working copy of MAME4ALL, but how do I convert all my roms so they work, I have a

folder full of games all in zip format.

Now if I unzip one of those games I get a game folder full of files ?

The MAME I use on my Mac just uses the zip file.

Send me a PM. ;)

Thanks but I have a Mac.
You should still have the same problem on Mac. It's a MAME thing to require different romsets for each version and not limited to any specific platform. ClrMamePro says it has Mac support through WINE.

A quick google search doesn't reveal a native ROM manager that can be used to modify ROMs between sets, but it did turn up a lot of people complaining when they upgraded to MAME OSX for this very reason, that their MacMame roms no longer worked. Looks like the running suggestion was to find a Windows PC, change your ROMs to 0.124, and those will be compatible with MAME OSX. MacMame is only compatible up to .103, looks like. In MAME4All's case, you'd have to choose 0.37b5. For Mame106 you'd have to choose v0.106.

Send me a PM. ;)
There is no need for PMs. If he already has the ROMs, then converting between romsets is unfortunately necessary, but should not be that difficult. I don't have a Mac, and like I said, the forums I visited asking this question all report that the easiest way is to just use a Windows PC, so I don't know if I can help you (unless you can access a Windows PC), but if Blue Protoman has an easy, legal way of making things easier for our Mac using friends, it should be made public.

Cmon m8 show me a beter handheld mame anywhere else mame4all is practically perfect mame 106 and sdl while buggy run games no other handheld can n64 is a work in progress snes and md are practically perfect, yes i understand your point but thats part of the parcel with the pandora its not as if theres 10 million pandoras out there like the psp so hombrew projects are not going too be as high on the pandora but the next 8 months are going to be very interesting a little faith goes a long way chin up!!!

Hi

MAME4ALL is practically perfect, well I have had MAME on my Mac for years and it is really easy use, I tried MAME4ALL

on my Pandora after that experience and found a beast that I had no control over, and nothing would load. May try it again

As alerino and blue protoman said itll be a rom issue you can get the gp2x handheld mame set from somewhere or convert with clrmamepro.

Hi

As alerino and blue protoman said itll be a rom issue you can get the gp2x handheld mame set from somewhere or convert with clrmamepro.

Hi

I use a Mac, but have just downloaded the latest mame version for mac and it is doing a games audit so I ssume it is modding the roms, will go get

the gp2x set though, thanks for the tip :)

Hi

I use a Mac, but have just downloaded the latest mame version for mac and it is doing a games audit so I ssume it is modding the roms, will go get

the gp2x set though, thanks for the tip :)
As far as I can tell "Auditing" the roms is just that version of MAME checking each rom you have for compatibility, it does not fix them, for instance I have 2 versions of MAME on my laptop, each one shares the same rom folder and each one has a different list of working Roms (which of course only show up after an audit), thankfully the two versions I have are not that far apart from each other so most work in both, but some only in one or the other.

This is just a MAME thing one has to get used to.

Back