Release Berusky - a Czech game inspired by Sokoban

Ashtom

Still Fresh
Hello!

Thanks to Sebt3's toolchain and some help from him and other people on IRC (sorry if I forgot who you are - I hope you will recognize you), I could cross-compile this little game by Czech republic called Berusky for our beloved Pandora. It's highly inspired by Sokoban.

from Berusky website (http://www.anakreon.cz/en/Berusky.htm)

Players highly appreciate its playability, well designed levels, low hardware requiements and nice graphics.

Stred1.gif

Basically, you have 5 bugs and you need to use them alternatively to push crates and gather some items to collect 5 keys that will open the door.

Controls:

• You use the mouse to navigate in the menus and the D-pad to move the bugs around the levels.
  • Space/R shoulder switch between bugs
  • L shoulder goes back to the first available bug
  • Ctrl + R to restart a level
  • Ctrl + X to quit for real
  • F2 to save game
  • F3 to load game
  • Ctrl + F1 to get a hint

The game is still a bit buggy but I don't know if it is because of the port or if the game is originally like this.

• The menu is very sensitive to clicks, actually if you keep the mouse button down it will validate your choice (it would need to be switch to a kind of mouse released event but I couldn't change that yet).
  • At the beginning of any stage, the active player makes one step without any reason.
  • No sound at all (actually I couldn't find any code related to sound fx or music in the source...)

Warning: Do no try the Editor as it is crashing and will require a forced shutdown. Maybe it crashes because it takes too much real estate (read screen space).

I made some customisation to the code:

• resolution has been adapted to the Pandora (800x480)
  • Game screen has been centered
  • fullscreen by default (please let me know how I can take advantage of appdata here)
  • Right shoulder button and space key will switch the active bug
  • Left shoulder button switch back to the first active bug (the red one)

As this is my first PND, please forgive me if it is not well packaged. I'm not sure that the icon or the preview are correctly package or if the PXML is totally correct... Any advice or correction is welcome!

berusky.pnd

Attachments

• berusky.pnd
    1.4 MB · Views: 284
Hi, I missed you joining the community, so a late welcome from me :)

This looks like an entertaining game, thank you for porting it.

[edit]We usually give pnds a .pnd extension and not a .zip as it might confuse users into thinking they need to unpack it first (it's not a zip, it's a squashfs'ed pnd).

Also, if you upload this to repo.openpandora.org then users can automatically fetch any updates you release.

[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for your first PND B)

I have tried some time ago to build the sources of this game ...but i encountered many segfault in my builds, so i abandoned this.

Now i'm downloading...thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Caine, Thanks Farox!

It is a pnd and as suggested by you Caine and also by Mcobit on IRC, I put it as beta type in the repo.

I left the Editor accessible as maybe someone would like to debug and give some hints about a possible fix (I don't know how to debug on the Pandora yet).

Back