Release Beaver

Lol, I like the Idea. Have to talk about that with milkshake at some point ;)

that additional info is there for a reason :p use it, if somone descovers the app writes to nand, they can always leave a comment or writea report, then the author can take that information and fix the PND or write a warning in the additional info section :)

Lets think about this situation:

Someone uploads app to repo.. someone will test it and write "this shit writes to NAND" in the comment. Then original app maker will re-up fix, but the comment still stays in which is really annoying from some point , as it isnt truth anymore.. thats why uploader should decide with small picture based additional info like "no nand-writtings approved". Then comment like "this shit writes to NAND" will not be taken seriously then..

edit:

icon / picture is better that thousand words..

Last edited:
Yes but streak, the if the PXML is utilised correctly the author will update the version number when the fix is inplace and he uploads the fixed version, the comments show the version number the comment was for, problem solved, also if its really causing issues the author can ask us to delete the comment no problem.

and if it REALLY cause that much of a problem, I can add an option for an icon or something similar.

Yes but streak, the if the PXML is utilised correctly the author will update the version number when the fix is inplace and he uploads the fixed version, the comments show the version number the comment was for, problem solved, also if its really causing issues the author can ask us to delete the comment no problem.

This is just idea, i see it like good idea. You think other way. Its fine for me..

BTW. Deleting comments isnt good idea.. :)

funkynand.png
/me like ;)

and if it REALLY cause that much of a problem, I can add an option for an icon or something similar.

It could solve this damn NAND writing problems once for all.

If application will be uploaded to repo uploader can choose icons that should be included in release like: No NAND Writing Approved / Small memory footprint / Small cpu usage / or any other that community think it should be included. I care about icons like small memory footprint / small cpu usage. This will help a lot imho..

well I dont know about the other stuff (small memory footprint etc) but Nand writing app icon could be usefull and it wouldnt make the repo over complicated, we dont to hurt the average jo bloggs brain with loads of stuff he doesnt care about, but again this is just a personal opinion.

well I dont know about the other stuff (small memory footprint etc) but Nand writing app icon could be usefull and it wouldnt make the repo over complicated, we dont to hurt the average jo bloggs brain with loads of stuff he doesnt care about, but again this is just a personal opinion.

example:

http://repo.openpand...wordwarvi-14086

should have

[Overclock-Required ICON ] because not every pandora can be overclocked by xx Mhz.. and why wasting transfer to download app/game that we will not play with.

In comment we can find:

"Works well at 1Ghz could do with some V Sync as the screen tearing is quite visible. Great game, great choice for a port."

[sic] 1Ghz? My pandora cant be adjusted to that level, so why waste transfer?

Last edited:
i do undersdtand where your coming from but is this stuff the responsibility of the repo? or the author? maybe stuff like that should go in the app description or the additional info field, after all thats what its for.

for me icons should only really be used for things like:

adult content (age warning),multiplyer, netplay and nand write (maybe)

if an app needs overclocking then for me it should be labled as beta and in the description or additional info sections it should state that overclocking is probably needed to get a good experiance.

WordWarVi doesn't need overclocking anymore, see commentversion vs. Currentversion...

Back