Battery type

A

Aaaaaaaa

Im using 1500 mAh Ni-Mh rechargables.

Are there any better or more recommended?

Cheers

This radioshack thingy looks good! Recharging in 15 minutes would be really cool especially for my digital camera...

for my GP I use 2100mAh Ni-Mh's and 1500mAh Ni-Mh's. The only benefit of the 2100's is that you really dont have to recharge so often but the 1500's are really ok for playing and even a full time movie (with flu switched on)!
but dont use normal batteries, thats too expensive and no good for mother nature :unsure:

i got a charger and 2300mAh batteries then realised there only 1.2v so they dont work :angry: i though all AA where the same :huh: oh well i must be wrong. But i found a shop that sells 12 non rechargeable ones for £1 :D

@CABBAGES:
you can only get 1.2v Ni-mh AA batteries as far as I know - the ones you have should be fine.

12 disposable batteries for £1 will not be worth it - it'll probably only work for half an hour. And as ratsonrop pointed out - they are no good for the environment

I still don't use rechargeable batteries. I either use my ac adapter or AA duracell batteries. The batteries actually last a long time. I go through about 8-12 duracells every month playing with the FLU on at 156-160mhz.

hey man that sounds good, I really want to know if these fast chargers are all they make out they are. maybe you could give us your opinion when you get it, bringoutthegimp?

it should be arriving in 5 days. i was mainly interested in the auto shut-off feature because sometimes i forget to turn off the shit charger ive got and leave it on for like 2 days. The 15 min charger looked good but an hour is fast enough, especially with 1700 mah batteries

I use energizer lithium batteries. I popped them in about three weeks ago, and they are still going.
This is what I've done on my GP32 FLU with one set, oh and they have also been use in my minidisc player for about two hours.
Watched two movies (Toy Story and Shrek), listened to about an hour or so of MP3's, and averaged about one hour of games a day mainly doom. I make that about 26 hours or so on one set, and still going strong. They cost about two to three times the price of Duracell AA. But I think are well worth it. Ok Lithium isn't nice to the enviroment, but you will use less of these than normal AA.

NIMH rechargeables 1500-2100 mah work just fine 2100mah good for 10+hours at least.I cant understand anyone using non rechargeables just too expensive not to mention the crap thats in them when they go in to landfill when you've done with them

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using 1800mah batteries. I believe the GP32 uses around 300ma of current, thus they should last for 6 hours. :)

What's the max capacity rechargeables you can get? 2100mah?

Back