Red Light/battery Indicator On Flu

spaceboygp32x

my FLU is fine!!!!

but the red battery indicator doesnt light up anymore!

just wondered

is this a common problem?

Im using rechargables - is that why?

let me know guys!

sPaCe :ph34r:

its either disconnected or died.. Personally I would NOT risk taking it appart to fix :)

battery indicator? my FLU has a red light, which is on, if the batteries are full and it goes off, if the batteries are empty.
so my screen is a battery indicator as well. and my speakers!

no, to be serious, i always asked myself, what the use of this light could be...

0-bake posted on Mar 15 2005 at 03:51 PM said:
battery indicator? my FLU has a red light, which is on, if the batteries are full and it goes off, if the batteries are empty.
so my screen is a battery indicator as well. and my speakers!

no, to be serious, i always asked myself, what the use of this light could be...

I know - like I said - its fairly useless, and my FLU works fine - its just odd that it would stop suddenly :D

Last edited by a moderator:
USELESS !!??? Just imagine what would happen if you were playing in the dark, switching accidentally the light (FLU/BLU) off- you wouldn´t be able to find your gp32_console again ! Ever ! ... No, in earnest, its a status LED, every Handheld has to have one!

Jarska333 posted on Mar 15 2005 at 04:56 PM said:
It's just the first warning that your GP is nearing it's terminal... :ph34r:

:p

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

it cant be - I just got it!

:D

The GameGear had the same thing - a statud LED just to the left of the screen.

I ended up using the GG as a TV for almost a Year at Uni and had to tape over the bloody led, 'cos it got really irritating...

Still use the GG sometimes to watch TV at work (e.g. Wimbledon), as its screen seems to be much better than some of the commercial LCD TVs you can get these days (or that you could get 3-4 yrs ago - which is when I was given one). I still remember watching the 1998 World Cup on it while on a train on the way to Leeds - when Sol Campbell scored that memorable goal against Argentina (well I still reckon it was a goal), and we ended up losing on Penalties, Had a small horde of people around me trying to watch the screen too!!!

lucky guy, where are you from?

in germany these times are over, we got digital tv now, which makes all portable tv's (analog ones) useless.

0-bake posted on Mar 15 2005 at 07:55 PM said:
lucky guy, where are you from?

in germany these times are over, we got digital tv now, which makes all portable tv's (analog ones) useless.
that sucks :(

Really - all digital already?

I think here in the UK we've got another 7 years!!!

argon0 posted on Mar 24 2005 at 10:47 PM said:
Really - all digital already?

I think here in the UK we've got another 7 years!!!

no... it wont ever happen....

they need the digital signal to be in 98% of homes...

the footprint will never cover that while its in the hands of private investors....

the only reason that the bbc analog sig hits that is because its always been publicly owned and paid for...

loose the bbc - loose the tv infastructure

I'm pretty sure it will. They can use the current transmitters with a bit of upgrade. I've heard that somewhere in Wales they are going to switch off Analogue in 2006.

From what I've also heard London will be the last place to switch over...

they have said that since 1985 when thatcher tried to roll out cable...

and they have kept on cancelling the turn off sice then...

its currently set at 2010...

but the condition is 98% coverage and digital is only at a 60% footprint atm!

wont happen - not for another 20 years at least!

Back