Batteries

kfuse

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of what rechargeable batteries are out there.

I was planning to pick up sony 2700 mah
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-x-SONY-2700-MAH-AA-N...1QQcmdZViewItem

and sony 15 minute lcd charger http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCG-34HUE4-15-M...6262&sr=8-1

I heard there were also sanyo 2700 mah out there too

and also possibilities of 2900mah batteries??????

I'm not trying to spam but I was planning to do some comparison on different battery compacities once f200 was released...

if anyone could provide

manufacturers, mah capacity, and links to these that would be nice...

I always test my rechargeables. Some, even name brand, hold far less than their rated capacity. I love the looks on store clerks' faces when I return them :) Some hold more, those I keep around for a long time.

I can personally endorse Dynacharge Accu (Duracell's industrial brand) batteries, they have been the longest lived and most consistently above-rating NiMH AAs that I have owned.

Hmm thats interesting

whats the Mah rating on those??

I just bought some I guess aftermarket 3200 mah...

any one ever heard of maxcell??? lol

anyways that has to be pretty interesting that even name brands don't hold the rated charge...I'm really interested in testing that out now lol...

I'm know but i'm pretty much intend to use the thing constantly so 15-minute be ideal for me. or at least thats what I figured since back when I had a MK2 I had 8 batteries and a 15 minute charger...

4 x 2500 mah
4 x 2200mah

I'd usually have to charge at least 1 every 2 to 3 days depending how much time I spent listening to music or playing contra and aw2.

so on a lighter note

3200-

MaxCell 3200 mah AA

2700-
Sony 2700 mah AA
Fujicell 2700 mah AA
Sanyo 2700 mah AA

I know there are more out there just gotta look a bit more.

Its a little counter-intuative to try to find the best batteries, if your going to be charging them on a crap (15-min) charger.

Spend the cash on a GOOD 6-8 bay charger, and just get an 8 pack of batteries. They'll take longer to charge, but if you have enough ready to go you wont ever be without.

mdinire said:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Batteries

nice idea but those only cover up to 3000 mah X_X

ah well thats okay...still gonna have to update the table because f-200 might be a bit more efficient on battery power consumption....

last but not least grahf (hmmm you know I would do that and wait 4-8+ hours for them to charge but I really dont have the time for that...I'm usually moving majority of the day...school in mesa, work in phoenix, bus trips and such. sometimes its easy for me just a sit near a an outlet and pull out the charger and let it charge...still at best majority of batteries barely get beyond 3 hours...)

exceptions being duracell, ansmann, and energizer...

but since you insist I might try both methods and compare in 2 different tables...

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree but maybe after they stop working after the 100th charge...I might look the other way but still

there are a bunch load of chargers out there at different times and rates...

just have to find one that doesn't overcharge which is most like in the 4-5hour range that I don't have the patience to sit and wait for doh.... <_<

Ditto on the anti-quick-charger sentiment. I have an 8-bay charger for general use, and a box full of 4-bay chargers for odd occasions. I carry around a handful of extra batteries when I am gadget-equipped, and always have 8 fully charged ones waiting in the charger when I get home or wake up (about a 6 hour charge cycle).

My Dynacharge Accu cells are rated 1500mAh, they are really 1600-1750 even after two years of use.

I got an ULTRALAST super Chinese-Made charger which claims "quick charge" but doesn't give any times estimated times. I find this to be extremely reliable :lol: and it charges all batteries that I have in about 35 mins fully. It was funny looking at some older 1600 mah batteries that I've been using for 10 years get pwned by it. :D The plastic cases on the batteries blew off after getting the supa-charge by the ULTRALAST. Anyway, I couldn't care less about reduced battery life since all of my batteries seem to work the same regardless of how many times they have been charged, how fast they have been charged, or how long they have been around. :ph34r:

I guess I'd have to agree with that...guess It depends on how many you buy... B)

Back