Battery Life

camokid

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi

So im using Uniross 2500mAh Mi-MH batteries, brand new, i've been overclocking to 250 and just playing squidgesnes. Before I say how much battery life i'm getting, what should I expect to be getting? And what way can i can prolonge the life?

cheers

camokid posted on Aug 8 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
Hi

So im using Uniross 2500mAh Mi-MH batteries, brand new, i've been overclocking to 250 and just playing squidgesnes. Before I say how much battery life i'm getting, what should I expect to be getting? And what way can i can prolonge the life?

cheers

i used these batteries and got about 4 hours while playing squidgesnes. i then used some crappy disposable batteries and got
7 HOURS OF GAMEPLAYING!!!!!!!

how?

Last edited by a moderator:
if they are new, then just charge them again. should probably get longer usage out of them after you have charged them a few times

camokid posted on Aug 8 2006 at 01:02 PM said:
Yesterday I got an hour. WTF. 1 Stinkin hour. AM I doing something wrong?!
I used the same batteries and got similar performance. I believe their internal resistance is too high and they are unable to continually produce the current levels required. It's all there, just not as much as the GP2X requires. Buy some Ansmann 2700mA way better results, google it, there is a place on the Isle of Man doing them, I got mine overnight and excellent price. Just checked it, they are called PICSTOP.
Have fun..

I get about 4-5 hours on my energizer 2500nimh batteries. I think that some batteries need to be charged a couple times before they will last that long, but I'm not sure what the technical reason is behind this...

Have found all rechargeable nimh batteries I've bought between 2300 -> 2700 all last 4 hours+ for game-playing.. all bought from 7 day shop (hama & 7ds badged).

4 hours is plenty - especially as I always carry a spare couple and they take so little time to recharge with a decent charger.

Kev

Just over 4 hours with Energizer 2500mah with frequent overclocking. I'm looking to upgrade to some 2900mah or even 3ah batteries soon.

If you've got a "dumb" charger (one that automatically turns off after X amount of time), charging your batteries a couple of times in a row will make sure they're fully charged. I do it with my 2000 & 2500 mah batteries, and I usually get 4-5 hours out of a pair.

If I don't double charge them, they only last a couple of hours. The "smart" chargers will charge the batteries until they're filled completely, but they're much more expensive.

LordFu posted on Aug 8 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
The "smart" chargers will charge the batteries until they're filled completely, but they're much more expensive.
Keep an eye on 7 day shop clearance lines - I think the 'delta' chargers are the 'intelligent' ones..?
I don't use my old charger (except for 9v batteries) now I have a fast delta charger.

Kev

Just got my gp2x last week,and its chewing up disposables pretty quick.Just had a rummage through my drawers (oooer missus ;p),and have found an old charger that takes Ni Cd batteries.So my question are -

How does Ni Cd rate to Ni MH ?

Will this Ni Cd charger charge Ni MH (methinks not) ?

What sort of package should I buy that gives me a NiMH charger with 4 batteries that will give me about 4-5 hours of play (top of the range super duper wooper does not apply lol) ?

How does Ni Cd rate to Ni MH ?

Avoid it.

Will this Ni Cd charger charge Ni MH (methinks not) ?

No

What sort of package should I buy that gives me a NiMH charger with 4 batteries that will give me about 4-5 hours of play (top of the range super duper wooper does not apply lol) ?

Energizer 2500's
Walmart has a pack w/charger cheap. These are the batteries I use, getting ~4-5 hours per charge.

Back