Bank Transfer Numbers

Chip said:
RavenX said:
I am in exactly the same situation as Chock. Wells Fargo's fees suck. So, which option should we choose. I know they charged me about $10 the first time for currency conversion, so it sounds like it is about a wash. How would OP prefer to receive the money?

If you have the option, we would prefer USD. All our manufacturing costs are in USD so all other payments to the other account will have to be converted at some point. By paying in USD you save us the trouble of converting and avoid the possibility of us losing yet more due to shifting conversion rates.
Trying, sent USD to the GBP number Thursday, wonder if that will work, has not been rejected yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
I've been assured that these numbers have been double checked and are accurate. The first account is for transfers in USD only. The second account is for all other currencies.

Excellent Chip, thanks.

Can I get a total price for a Pandora shipped to Canada, as I will go to the bank and push a USD transfer through as soon as I get a final total.

I still haven't even gotten an email about it and neither have several of my friends who pre-ordered. If I wasn't enough of a forum junkie we'd all be screwed :(

Is there an online service to faciliate a transfer from the US to the USD-denominated pandora account?

Xoom seems to only allow the UK bank to be GBP-denominated, and my US bank charges $45(!) for a USD-denominated outgoing wire.

I really want to place an order, but don't really want to get destroyed by fees :(

Xhorder said:
Is there an online service to faciliate a transfer from the US to the USD-denominated pandora account?

Xoom seems to only allow the UK bank to be GBP-denominated, and my US bank charges $45(!) for a USD-denominated outgoing wire.

I really want to place an order, but don't really want to get destroyed by fees :(
XOOM doesn't even work.

Hwrd said:
Can I get a total price for a Pandora shipped to Canada, as I will go to the bank and push a USD transfer through as soon as I get a final total.
Sure. Just send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com with your address and what you want to order and they will give you a total with shipping.

Xhorder said:

http://www.tranzfers.com

Very fast and very easy. It might seem like a hassle at first but its really not a big deal, the company must follow protocol to establish and secure your identity and your funds. See my Tranzfers thread for more info or PM me if you have a question about the process I went through.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46240

Xhorder said:

You might want to look into international money orders. It looks like fees are about 4$.
If I remember correctly some messages posted 2 or 3days ago, you can send them as you would with a regular letter, that is First Class International mail for 0.94$ (of course, you don't have any insurance).

just for absolute clarification

if it cost any fees to make a bank transfer, we simply minus that from the amount were paying
thanks

emcp said:

if it cost any fees to make a bank transfer, we simply minus that from the amount were paying
thanks

That's not really clear to me...
Also, all banks will charge for wire transfers (different banks will charge a different fee though).

Also, who are you referring to when you say "we" ("we simply minus that from the amount were paying ") ?

Thanks !

Chock said:
emcp said:

thanks

That's not really clear to me...
Also, all banks will charge for wire transfers (different banks will charge a different fee though).

Also, who are you referring to when you say "we" ("we simply minus that from the amount were paying ") ?

Thanks !

lol

it was said that OP would cover for any fees caused by the reordering via bank transfer, however the last i heard of that being referenced was when it was optional, and when they were requesting people todo so, now its mandatory.

asked my aunt who used to be banker, and the banks shouldnt charge a fee, will for me atleast, hopefully this is true

but thats say you were refunded £207, and it would cost £30 for a bank transfer (one person did actually have to pay that price), anyway youd then send £177 to pandora

just wondering.......................

by we i mean the community, as in each person who once to order one <_<

also see the reference or whatever it is, where you put your order number, is it being interpreted manually, so would it be best to place order number, email address, and what you ordered (as i added a video out cable but never really got confirmation that it was placed, just add an extra £9.99)

and if not

in the email originally sent during preorders, theres a long long order number
but the email subject sent by deb, about the reordering process only contained a part of the order number

thanks

@ecmp : the thing that I didn't mentioned in my previous post is that I was not part of the initial pre-order.
So I have never seen what was in the initial emails sent back in october or so.

I just sent an email, for the first time yesterday, to place an order. So what OP tried to do so that people who paid once don't loose money, would probably not apply to my case.

asked my aunt who used to be banker, and the banks shouldnt charge a fee, will for me atleast, hopefully this is true

I wonder at which bank she worked ! Never seen a bank doing international wires for free !

Chock said:
I wonder at which bank she worked ! Never seen a bank doing international wires for free !
If you're saying it will cost £30 for a wire transfer, you're in the UK, and you're asking for the wrong service. CHAPS is an immediate bank-bank transfer, and does cost about £20-30. A BACS transfer is free in the UK, and used to take 3 days to clear. Now for many banks they are same day (not immediate). What you want is a transfer, not a wire.

tsh said:
Chock said:
If you're saying it will cost £30 for a wire transfer, you're in the UK, and you're asking for the wrong service. CHAPS is an immediate bank-bank transfer, and does cost about £20-30. A BACS transfer is free in the UK, and used to take 3 days to clear. Now for many banks they are same day (not immediate). What you want is a transfer, not a wire.

Yeah, if you transfer from a UK bank using account number and sort code, it's almost instant and they won't charge you.

mmm strange went down to Alliance and Leicester

and they said a bank transfer had to be done over the phone, however it required 2 set of pins which i dont have and wont be able to get in time

they did suggest i pop around the corner to the barclays bank and make a lodgement

Just sent in my wire transfer. The process took about 30 minutes at the bank, and there were some complications.

Apparently the BIC/SWIFT number has to be 11 digits (at least at my bank) and needed three X's added after it.

Hopefully all is well, going to email the sales team to verify receipt.

Chock said:
My bank did it for free, as previously mentioned in this thread. Of course, it isn't likely that you were there to see for yourself, so you only have second hand evidence.

emcp said:

and they said a bank transfer had to be done over the phone, however it required 2 set of pins which i dont have and wont be able to get in time

they did suggest i pop around the corner to the barclays bank and make a lodgement
Do it via your banks website, it's very quick and you don't have to leave the house :D

emcp said:

I use A&L online banking.
I just set up a new PAYEE with the OP details (Acc Number, and Sort Code).
It took about 3 minutes in total to do the lot.
It was free.

ID

under 18 cant get online banking
which means cant get telephone banking, hence the 2 sets of pins

so i just went a lodged it
now just to wait for my email

Back