Release Bagman remake

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Bagman remake, the remake of the arcade game of the same name.

preview1.png

The original code has been reverse engineered by the author, to make the movement of the gards and other things as faithfull as possible.

This version also have C4A Support (with forced difficulty to medium, extra life to 30k).

Source code is inside the PND.

History log

=========

Build 02

----------

• Fixed a possible crash when changing settings
Build 01

----------

• Initial release
  • C4A Support
  • Keymap adapted to Pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! Thank you thank you thank you, etc. Love this game....

Works fine, but crashes when selecting Normal game instead of C4A :)
No?! I fixed that. Don't tell me I uploaded the wrong version  :wacko:

(can you check in the pndrun_bagmanremake.out that it is a permession issue on the ressources/settings file?)

*EDIT* ok, I think I found. Wrong permission on the backup of settings, making the game crash only if on a FSx filesysteme formated SDCard.

Fixed build (I hope) is on the repo.

Build 02

----------

• Fixed a possible crash when changing settings

Still not working:

** Error: (MainClass): impossible to create file "resource/settings", Permission denied

I'm running one ext4, which probably is the issue ;)

Still not working:

** Error: (MainClass): impossible to create file "resource/settings", Permission denied

I'm running one ext4, which probably is the issue ;)
You need to clean your appdata/bagmanremake first, to clean the mess caused by build 01 (or at least remove the settings file in appdata/bagmanremake).

It should do the trick...

Thank you so much! I played it bloody often back then on my C64 but couldn't remember the name when I wanted to play it again last year.

Nope, I remember the graphics quite well and it was exactly like what is shown in first post.
Gilligan's Gold had identical level layout, just different colours - there was another C64 clone called 'Bagitman' though, which was closer in hue though not as well known:

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=198

AFAIK there were no 'official' 8 bit versions, just clones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagman_(video_game)

If somebody was being very cheeky they could have edited one of the clones to give it the original's title, but none of the home computer clones were quite as 'high-res' as the arcade original or this remake (how far we've come!).

I remember playing the Spectrum version of Gilligan's Gold for ages, never knowing it was an unauthorised clone of an arcade title. I think I only realised this when Mame first appeared!

Back