Bad Service

i asked why i have to pay and they and they said:

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

This is an out of warranty charge as the unit was not purchased initially in Europe
and is not covered under the Nintendo European warranty. Your warranty is only
valid in Japan and they may well deal with your problem under the warranty but it
will need to be sent to them over there.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

so if you bought your ds lite in uk then you should get a replacement for free, i do feel pissed off that they wont replace it for free but on the other hand i should have waited for a uk release, its common knowledge import machines wont be covered under a uk warranty. i contacted consumer complaints and they said considering it was purchased in japan i might find it hard to get nintendo to drop the charge, theyre well within their rights.

i'm suprised they wouldn't help you with this, its such a small $$ amount to them, and if the problem is not as big as they say then it would be like pennies to them to fix them all for free.

It's Japanese? Well, that's an entirely different matter. Send it to Japan, they'll fix it for you, free. Nintendo Europe won't, as it's not their responsibility. Nothing wrong with that. If you have a UK one, it's covered under warranty and they'll fix it free here.

No problems!

Angel posted on Jul 25 2006 at 08:08 PM said:
i'm suprised they wouldn't help you with this, its such a small $$ amount to them, and if the problem is not as big as they say then it would be like pennies to them to fix them all for free.

they said they'll replace it with a new one, with a full warranty from the date they send it, so they'll swap my cracked jap ds for a new english one, in a way they dont have to offer me any kind of help at all. now i look at it nintendo are being quite good about it, maybe i'll shut up moaning now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm glad to hear that. What are they losing? Nothing, they'll fix yours and put it right back into circulation, so like i said its like pennies to them to fix these. I'm still just amazed they tried to charge for their problem in the first place, but glad to hear your situation is turning out good.

Back