Bad Sd Card?

Mr. B

Still Fresh
Website
mrbsdomain.com
I recently recieved an SD card I purchased and I'm almost certain it's bad, as unlikely as that is. However I thought I'd run my situation by you guys just to be sure.

Here's the short of it. The card does not seem to be recognized by a digital camera. It does show up in Windows however and shows as formatted FAT. When I drag and drop files they appear to be copied but aren't really there. It looks like I can read recently copied files but when I remove/replace the card, it's empty.

I've tried the format took in XP. I ends saying "Windows cannot complete the format"

I tried formatting with the command line. It behaves normally at first and ends with "Invalid media or track 9 bad - disk unusable." I illicited this behavior both using an SD card reader and reading the card through the GP2X + USB.

...so is there any chance the thing just isn't formatted peoperly or is it definately bad?

Try formatting it with mkdosfs on the gp2x itself? If the gp2x doesn't come with it, you might have to find an ARM compiled version and copy it to the NAND.

Back