Issues With Sd Card

Mr. B

Still Fresh
Website
mrbsdomain.com
After recieving a defective SD card on ebay, I got a refund and a replacement, which arrived tosay, a SanDisk Ultra II 2gb SD card. There are some issues.

The card is currently formatted FAT32 which I performed with a Kodak easyshare camera. For some reason, the card shows 3.78gb of space avaliable, even though the card is not so labeled. The card came orginally formatted FAT. Windows showed a 2gb partition with another 2gb of unpartitioned space.

The biggest problem is that when I copy files in Windows I cannot see them with the card reader. Connecting the card through the GP2X illicits no response from the computer at all, although NAND memory works fine.

I tried copying some files with the GP2X from the NAND to the SD card, which worked. However, I can only see the files copied in Windows on the computer, and I can only see the files I copied from my GP2X on the handheld, they don't show up om my computer.

So if that even made sense to anyone, might any of y'all have any idea exactly what is going on?

try to reformat in your PC, as FAT32 ... and are you using a card reader at all? If no, get one ... makes headaches go away.

I just performed a command line FAT32 format with a card reader. I have the same behavior mentioned above... but for some reason, the files I copied from the NAND to the SD card earlier are still showing up when i use the GP2X, and they're still invisible in Windows.

Back