Bad films that are actually good

Dog Soldier is a great film, caught that on cinema and seen it at least a couple times on telly since.

Team America: World Police got very mixed reviews across the board. But I practically piss myself laughing every time I watch it. Fantastic stuff.

Team America is great, I can understand it getting some bad reviews though, from the PC brigade --- If that's what you call them :)

I bet South Park Bigger Longer Uncut got similar treatment - Also a great film - I had tears in my eyes watching this at cinema especially when Uncle F****r came on with T&P.

Team America is classic, from the off when they blowing up all the world monuments by mistake, cracks me up

It's got to be the ridiculously inaccurate Street Fighter: The Movie, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Raul Julia (in his last role), and Kylie Minogue. It forsook a ton of backstory material that would actually have made it a half-decent popcorn flick, and came up with a load of nonsense, instead.

Capcom actually believes that this was a popular film (and appears to have missed the fact that it actually has an internet following because it is *absolutely terrible*), and in recent years licensed out an unrelated Chun-Li focussed "follow-up" to try to capitalise on this. It didn't work (it didn't help that they cast that whiny girl from Smallville as Chun-Li).

However, nothing will ever be able to stand up to the juxtaposition of Raul Julia's genuinely excellent depiction of M. Bison, the weekend-morning-cartoon style of some of the supporting cast* (especially Zangeif, who gets some of the most hilarious moments in the film, such as the fantastic "CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!" bit), the completely random soundtrack (I have the CD because it has one or two worthwhile tracks, such as the one by Chage & Aska, but seriously, it is VERY random), Jean-Claude Van Damme's hilariously misdelivered, non-American-sounding lines for the all-American Colonel Guile, and the goofy cast freeze-frame at the very end, which was made to match the games.

*(They actually did go on to license such a cartoon series, which was a direct follow-on from the movie's storyline, as the video release of the film, as well as the much later DVD release, features an added post-credits segment which hints at a sequel.)

I absolutely love it, even though I'm fully aware that it is a bad movie. The thing is, though, that it's so bad it's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alien 3. I love it, but people think it was a dud, after 2 awesome movies prior to it.
Same for Alien Ressurection (Alien 4). It had very bad reputations but I like the Movie (much more than Alien 3)

I can't agree with that. I hate Alien 4. It threw away the serious tone of the franchise by introducing that band of ridiculous space pirates and shoot-on-the-ceiling-do-2-rebounds-on-pipes-and-kill-the-guard-behind-me nonsense. please.

Alien 3. I love it, but people think it was a dud, after 2 awesome movies prior to it.
I love Alien 3 too. Alien 4, not so much (most of it is ok, and i enjoyed it the first couple of times, but the end is really bad and doesn't get any better with multiple viewings.)

Speaking of the Alien series, Prometheus opens here in the UK on the 1st of June. really looking forward to seeing that. It's more of a sidewise thing from what i understand rather than an Alien movie.

I can't agree with that. I hate Alien 4. It threw away the serious tone of the franchise by introducing that band of ridiculous space pirates and shoot-on-the-ceiling-do-2-rebounds-on-pipes-and-kill-the-guard-behind-me nonsense. please.
+1 for Space Pirates!

+1 for Ron Perlman!

+1 for Badass Ripley Clone!

+1 for cute Android Call!

+1 for cool Guns and Spaceships!

:D

I like that one, too. Glad I'm not the only one. :D

5373.jpg

I love Alien 3 too. Alien 4, not so much (most of it is ok, and i enjoyed it the first couple of times, but the end is really bad and doesn't get any better with multiple viewings.)

Speaking of the Alien series, Prometheus opens here in the UK on the 1st of June. really looking forward to seeing that. It's more of a sidewise thing from what i understand rather than an Alien movie.

I, too am looking forward to seeing that. It looks so freakin' awesome!!!

Prometheus is the movie that may be able to lure me into a cinema again. Haven't been in one for about 13 years.

Back