Awsome Comeback!

Ruune

I take a peek here in the boards, and what do I find?
Someone has gone and made semi-working GBA emu (thats faster than GBA, for demos)

All I can say is W00T!!

And they said it couldnt be done, HAHA!

Does this mean it could theoretically play GB and GBC games perfectly (when complete, of course) ??? Sounds cool to me ;)

Another question: I saw in the big a$$ GBA thread that you could shrink GBA roms by taking of the fluff at the end with a hex editor. Could a similar technique be used to take the sound out aswell? I dont mind not having sound, so this is jsut a thought :rolleyes:.

This is all just too cool, I know what im working toward this summer! (Yes, I still dont have a GP32, hence my absense from the boards) Im gonna be a lifegaurd, and make $15 an hour to sit on a chair and make sure ppl dont drown, w00t !! Too bad its really hard to get certified...

BTW: not that u care, but $15/h isnt that much, but its pretty good for a first job :-D

All I can say is W00T!!
true
And they said it couldnt be done, HAHA!
lol...some said that..but now its on the way
Does this mean it could theoretically play GB and GBC games perfectly (when complete, of course) ??? Sounds cool to me
fGB32 is already doing the job quite good...:)
but I dont think GPadvance will emulate GB/GBC... :unsure:
Another question: I saw in the big a$$ GBA thread that you could shrink GBA roms by taking of the fluff at the end with a hex editor. Could a similar technique be used to take the sound out aswell? I dont mind not having sound, so this is jsut a thought .
I dont think so : removing all the 000 at the end of the roms is OK but to remove the sound you would have to decompress the roms in something like a folder then remove all the SND data then remake a rom...not possible I think
This is all just too cool, I know what im working toward this summer! (Yes, I still dont have a GP32, hence my absense from the boards) Im gonna be a lifegaurd, and make $15 an hour to sit on a chair and make sure ppl dont drown, w00t !! Too bad its really hard to get certified...
LOL.....:)
BTW: not that u care, but $15/h isnt that much, but its pretty good for a first job :-D
15 is already very good. B) ..some are working all the year long for less...

hi,

I have'nt been around for a while so all this is news to me. but which gba emulator are we speaking of hear, and does it play backed up GBA roms or just demo roms?

cheers/.

Ruune posted on Mar 15 2004 at 05:52 PM said:
Does this mean it could theoretically play GB and GBC games perfectly (when complete, of course) ??? Sounds cool to me ;)
Why would the GBA emulator have any relation to a GB/GBC emulator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would the GBA emulator not play GB and GBC games?
The emulator is a true emulator - not a mere programme but it makes the GP32 thinks its a GBA doesn't it? So why not GB and GBC?

Oh and $15 is pretty darn good, I only get £4.50 and I have to work...

Why would the GBA emulator not play GB and GBC games?
The emulator is a true emulator - not a mere programme but it makes the GP32 thinks its a GBA doesn't it? So why not GB and GBC?

Dude : read my post :
I think its because there is a Z80 (the GB/GBC CPU) inside a gba...
No Z80 : no GB/GBC

see you :lol:

All i want to know is, Who is this guy called awsome.

nobody I think : its only to say how the man is happy...
awsome means something like marvellous, very good, extraordinary.....
He is happy to make his comeback in a such great atmosphere...:)
It is how I understand that... :unsure:

see you :lol:

i have to stack shelves and collect trollys all summer for £1.50 an hour to aford my gp32 so your pretty well set up. if any one wants to make a donation to my gp32 fund email me............ :)

crazeeplaya posted on Mar 15 2004 at 07:32 PM said:
Because a real GBA will play GB/GBC games
A real GBA can only play real GB/GBC games. The GB emulator that will play roms on the GBA is very slow and there is no GBC emulator at all. If it was that easy I am sure the GBA would have a GBC emulator at least.

finty101 posted on Mar 15 2004 at 07:39 PM said:
i have to stack shelves and collect trollys all summer for £1.50 an hour to aford my gp32 so your pretty well set up. if any one wants to make a donation to my gp32 fund email me............ :)
£1.50! Get a decent job! I do the same sometimes and get £4.50.

why gba emu are you guys talking about? i was thinking isnt the gameboy player a emu of the gba? if so then do you think that the company that made the unoficial gameboy player be closed down because of the new patent the nintendo had got???????

the beav

they could emulate the gb on the gba the same way like we now try to emulate the gba on the gp32.. only with the difference that the gba has the whole hardware for gb...

GBA_lover posted on Mar 15 2004 at 09:10 PM said:
why gba emu are you guys talking about? i was thinking isnt the gameboy player a emu of the gba? if so then do you think that the company that made the unoficial gameboy player be closed down because of the new patent the nintendo had got???????

the beav
zodiac

The reason that Nintendo took a patent out on GBA emulation is because of the zodiac emulator, the one they were charging money for... :blink:

[edit - the primary reason, that is]

Back