Awful game ideas.

There's one other particularly awful idea I had, but it's not really a gameplay idea like my other ideas, more of a story idea for a game clone.

I kinda wanted to make my own XCOM. I'd call it "Super Jesus Alien Execution Squad". Jesus returns after 2500 years in order to help humanity fend off the forces of his evil alien half-brother Xesus. Yeah, um, it's kinda funny, since I'm really spiritual, but not religious.

An realistic strategy RTS where you have to really rely on the notes your avantgarde gave you or your spies and reconisanse units. Where you really only know the war area of from maps, and your soldiers behave realistically. For instance they are scared to death when they are allone and see three fully armed knights on horseback. Start vomiting when they see a close friend being slaughted, try to hide,flee or switch sides when the enemy overwhelms. When they are rookies really suck at warefare. Start shaking and cant aim. Have to eat after a long fight, and then return to the battlefield. War only comences sparsely i.e. lots of waiting in a strategic point for something to finally happen. War sometimes really doesnt happen, when the enemy doesnt show up or both sides dont think their chances are high enough and both retreit, or enemies retreit leaving some land up for grabs. Life or men really means something and smaller groups cannot afford cannon fodder etc etc etc.

Wont be a fun game but war isnt fun...

Mortal Engines Origins

After a worldwide plague, and house prices up the roof, the cheapest way to live is on parking lots of malls. As small businesses were wiped out, all forms of trading are done in malls. As malls have limited goods, there is a need to go from mall to mall to gather all required goods. Guilds are formed, where each member has it's tasks while traveling to the next mall. Slowly the caravan of cars are transformed into platforms with housing on wheels. This allows better collaboration and socializing while traveling to the next mall. Soon, families merge into guilds, guilds into towns, towns into cities and the malls run out of stock. Then, the war for prime materials starts and once those become scarce, cities start cannibalizing other cities; the era of mortal engines has begun.

You play as Eddy. A young enthusiastic tinkerer that can repair and invent. As you progress through the game, you acquire new skills and can combine more ingredients into new items. Help your family's car transform into a city. Soon, the survival of your city will be in your hands.

Last edited:
Flappygochi - a cross between Flappy Bird and Tamagochi.

After you set the time and define your wakeup and sleep hours the game can start. You get one full minute to tab the screen when the game requires your attention. As days progress you get less and less time. After two months the maximum reaction time is down to 10 seconds. Can you keep your bird alive for a full year?

chicken-out Crossroads - a chicken(out) game

Party game. Players choose a key on the keyboard and press it. Your avatar will be placed on railroad tracks. Keep pressing the key. If you release it, your avatar will jump to safety. But the last one to do so wins. However, take too long and you are mauled by the train (there are different trains, the steam train is the easiest, but at higher levels the UltraHighVelocity train always comes as a surprise). As your keyboard gets crammed with players, there might be cheating involved: pushing, shoving, placing your other hand in front of the other players so that they can't see when to chicken-out. Scores are cumulative and after 10 games, a winner is pronounced.
Your avatar (a chicken, how original) will change into a swollo rooster the more you win, or a scrawny chicken the more you lose.

Bedtime - shutdown your computer
This game requires a microphone. Your machine will randomly say "Go to bed". And you get 5 seconds to say "No". an algorithm will check if you said "no". If you did not say "no", or even said "yes", your machine will shutdown (or hibernate, depending on your settings). Play it on your workstation, install it on your colleague's workstation. Watch as they agonize because they did not save that document they needed for the meeting in the afternoon.

Open and Closed

A game collection of solitaire games, RPG, FPS, all with labyrinth explorer themes are provided in one package. There's a beautiful online scoreboard showing each player's progress (with no privacy opt outs, and the game won't start without network connection).

As you try to explore each game, you start to figure out the rules, but your progress and score only decreases as you do things. Doors that were open become locked, wildcards disappear from the card deck. Everyone else seems to have great progress whilst your score keeps decreasing.

You take a break from the game only to find someone has moved things in the labyrinth, doors are open, the treasure behind the bars is there for the taking. Your score has doubled while you were away.

The online server keeps failing because of lazy sys admins.

I had an idea for the most menial RPG ever. It's a probability based RPG, but with a twist. You see, any probability represented by a simple fraction can be tested with a series of coin flips, if you know how to do binary division. I'll make an RPG where every time you test any probability, you have to use a coin, and you have to press a button for each flip. The really fun part is with denominators that aren't powers of two, because there's a chance of having to repeat part or all of the coin flip sequence, possibly indefinitely.

My idea is even more awful than I thought. 100 decimal is a seven digit number in binary, so the coin flip sequence for 1% is really long.

It repeats after that, so 26 flips, and if you get the exact correct sequence of 26 flips, you have to start back from the seventh flip. Note that you can't even achieve success until at least the seventh flip.

Edit: The rules, I think, are that you fail if you flip tails on a 0, flip again if you flip heads on a 0, have success if you flip heads on a 1, flip again if you flip tails on a 1. Since the sequence starts repeating itself indefinitely, you may have to keep flipping longer than the 26 times shown here.

Last edited:
Just wanted to correct myself. It's 22 flips, and you start over from the third, since those last four zeros are the start of the repeated sequence.

Last edited:
Tick-it!

A game of skill and precision.
You are ticks jumping from a tree and you need to land on passerby's.
Once landed succesfully on your target, you get a minigame on trying to find a good spot to secure yourself. The longer you hold on without being scratched off, the more points you earn.

Dangeling carrot, you are a bunny with a carrot in front of its nose that's dangeling from stick that is attached to your back, the objective of the game is to fetch the carrot.
This game is set in multiple very stunning sceneries like (rain) forrests, alp like pastures, desserts or mountains.

Dangeling carrot, you are a bunny with a carrot in front of its nose that's dangeling from stick that is attached to your back, the objective of the game is to fetch the carrot.
This game is set in multiple very stunning sceneries like (rain) forrests, alp like pastures, desserts or mountains.
You could have the same style game, but with a Pyra on a stick, and we have to navigate obstacles around the DragonBox offices.

Plus there's a bonus challenge of having to evade ED throwing cups of coffee at you.

Dangling_Carrot_Level4-AustriaForest.jpgDangling_Carrot_Level2-AmazonRainForest.jpg

Source: https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20150327-austrias-otherworldly-scuba-spot
Source: http://dreamicus.com/rope.html
Source: https://ak9.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/10879769/thumb/1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160)
Source: https://www.dutchcarrotgroup.nl/sit..._Carrot_Group_wortel_middenmeer_3_small_0.png
Source: https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-images-bunny-behind-image5310694
Source: https://news.wttw.com/sites/default.../image-non-gallery/HeroTick.jpg?itok=o1ZTG2mG
Source: lost link to rainforest

Last edited:
Unrealistic; there's no way Evildragon would waste any coffee!
That's a game right there... Don't Spill it!

You are Eddy, a rookie in a construction yard. You need to bring coffee to all the workers. And they are in the weirdest places, like at the end of a beam at the top floor. Be careful with the wind. Walk too fast and you'll stumble, maybe even fall.
And what ever you do: Don't spill the coffee! (also don't take too long or the coffee temperature will drop).
You can put your hand on top of the lid, but do that too long and you'll get burned and you will shake the cup.
You can make it easier for you by sipping some of the coffee, and then spitting it back into the cup, but don't get caught.

You know, there used to be this online multiplayer game on Kongregate back in the day that used rock-paper-scissors as its battle system, but had levels and currency and upgradeable equipment, for dealing and absorbing more damage.

It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds. I mean, I still got bored of it in less than an hour, but I think rock-paper-scissors is a good proven game base. I've always wondered what Pokémon would be like if the moves interacted with each other more.

You know, there used to be this online multiplayer game on Kongregate back in the day that used rock-paper-scissors as its battle system, but had levels and currency and upgradeable equipment, for dealing and absorbing more damage.

It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds. I mean, I still got bored of it in less than an hour, but I think rock-paper-scissors is a good proven game base. I've always wondered what Pokémon would be like if the moves interacted with each other more.
Games always had these two components: Skill and Chance. It's the basis.

About pokemon: The moves might interact (sorry, too lazy to reverse engineer or look it up). It's just math underneath. Check these one out:
or this one (very impressive):

Last edited:
You know what I like for short whiles? Onedimensional games.
There was this fantastic shooting game that had great music and moved your line you were on in 3D.
Then there was this 1 dimensional game that actually cheated: You also had color. So there were baddies and doors (and lootboxes). Shoot the baddies, once the shot baddy with the correct color blinks (it's a key), you grab the key and can continue through the door.

Back