Av Connector / 14pin - Plug Part Number?

jdh2550

Hi,

I've read this: MWeston post about AV Connector

I want to add an I2C accelerometer

So my questions are:
1) where can I buy a plug that will plug into that 14 pin socket?
2) will the 4 individual UART2 pins (that MWeston mentions can be used for software I2C) be individually addressable via /proc or something similar?

Any help greatly received.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) has been answered by MWeston himself -> http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/catalog...&s_cid=SAM5
2) There are many configurations for those pins, and it would take a long time to configure them via proc and be incredibly slow via the /proc interface. You should download the datasheet for the OMAP and learn how to do it via direct hardware access (via an appropriate driver) if you wish to use them. A decent introduction to linux driver writing is here -> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/drivers_linux

(BTW, both your links point to exactly the same post)

Squidge said:
1) has been answered by MWeston himself -> http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/catalog...&s_cid=SAM5
2) There are many configurations for those pins, and it would take a long time to configure them via proc and be incredibly slow via the /proc interface. You should download the datasheet for the OMAP and learn how to do it via direct hardware access (via an appropriate driver) if you wish to use them. A decent introduction to linux driver writing is here -> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/drivers_linux

(BTW, both your links point to exactly the same post)

Thanks - I will download the OMAP datasheet and start learning!

(I did try a forum search but couldn't find MWeston's post of an answer - thanks)

http://www.onlinecomponents.com/product/3675453/
Currently out of stock, unfortunately. Appears to be an 8 week lead time, which isn't so bad considering we won't be getting Pandoras for about that long, but you need to order 50 of them to reach the minimum order.
Perhaps MWeston or someone can be convinced to purchase an extra couple hundred and sell them at profit with a much more reasonable shipping.

Is there maybe a cell phone or other device that uses the same connector like in the GP2X?

Well I for one will be hacking through this socket so will need a breakout cable or similar. If the developers aren't going ot produce a breakout cable then I am happy to take up the challenge and get something designed and ordered.

Anyone interested in joining in with me? I will start a new thread off - show your interest there.

John

WizardStan said:
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/product/3675453/
Currently out of stock, unfortunately. Appears to be an 8 week lead time, which isn't so bad considering we won't be getting Pandoras for about that long, but you need to order 50 of them to reach the minimum order.
Perhaps MWeston or someone can be convinced to purchase an extra couple hundred and sell them at profit with a much more reasonable shipping.

I'm going to place an order for some plugs and connectors - probably 25 plugs and 25 connectors. Let me know if you want some and I'll sell them to you individually.

EDIT: They didn't have any of the receptacles. So, I ordered 43 plugs (to reach the $35 minimum). Let me know if you want any. Also, let me know if you find a source selling the receptacles Part Number: 1717312-2

jdh2550 said:
I'm going to place an order for some plugs and connectors - probably 25 plugs and 25 connectors. Let me know if you want some and I'll sell them to you individually.

EDIT: They didn't have any of the receptacles. So, I ordered 43 plugs (to reach the $35 minimum). Let me know if you want any. Also, let me know if you find a source selling the receptacles Part Number: 1717312-2

I'll take some of those! I wasn't able to find any 1717312-2, but 1717312-1 (which is the same, except gold/nickle finish) appear to be available. I wasn't able to figure out exactly where or for how much, though. It was really weird.

WizardStan said:
jdh2550 said:

I'll take some of those! I wasn't able to find any 1717312-2, but 1717312-1 (which is the same, except gold/nickle finish) appear to be available. I wasn't able to figure out exactly where or for how much, though. It was really weird.

Sorry to get your hopes up - but I just got this:
Regarding your order, there is a 500 pc min on this part number.
Your order has been canceled.

So, no joy there - I'm not going to order 500 of these damn things! However, I'd buy 50, now if I can find 9 other people to buy 50 each?

jdh2550 said:
Sorry to get your hopes up - but I just got this:
Regarding your order, there is a 500 pc min on this part number.
Your order has been canceled.
So, no joy there - I'm not going to order 500 of these damn things! However, I'd buy 50, now if I can find 9 other people to buy 50 each?

Boo. Jerks. There was no such minimum notice on the order page, just a minimum price. I don't have any need for 50 of them, unfortunately.

WizardStan said:
I'll take some of those! I wasn't able to find any 1717312-2, but 1717312-1 (which is the same, except gold/nickle finish) appear to be available.
It doesn't seems to be the same. Sorry, but pin 11 omitted on PN 1717312-1. Look at drawing in JPN_CD_1717169_O.pdf

Yeah, you don't want the 1717312-1 part unless you are willing to lose UART2_TX.

I'll try to have lots of extras on hand for people who want to build their own add ons. I can't say if there will be extras available right away, but certainly in the New Year. I would expect the minimum order placed to be more than the number of AV cables sold.

MWeston said:
Yeah, you don't want the 1717312-1 part unless you are willing to lose UART2_TX.

I'll try to have lots of extras on hand for people who want to build their own add ons. I can't say if there will be extras available right away, but certainly in the New Year. I would expect the minimum order placed to be more than the number of AV cables sold.
Thank you sir! I'll sit tight.

peca said:
WizardStan said:
I'll take some of those! I wasn't able to find any 1717312-2, but 1717312-1 (which is the same, except gold/nickle finish) appear to be available.
It doesn't seems to be the same. Sorry, but pin 11 omitted on PN 1717312-1. Look at drawing in JPN_CD_1717169_O.pdf

Curses. I just looked at the overview. Both said 14 pins, diagramed the same way, just the contact finish was different. Sorry, guess that's a no go.
But!

That right there is some good news.

Back