Autoboot?

MiOdd

Website
Visit site
Is there a way to make the Wiz autoboot certain applications? Like suppose I use PicoDrive all the time, can I have the Wiz automatically start PicoDrive when powered on?

Yes.

CODE
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/Game/Mame
exec ./mame.gpe

This is an example for autorun Mame on my unit. Edit the path and filename with an Unix compatible editor and paste the text into a file called "autorun.gpu". Copy this file into the root folder of your SD card.
Take care that in the settings menu autorun is turned on.

Regards,
Stephan

Thanks. I did what you said but it doesn't work. I get a blank screen after the Wiz splash screen loads. This is my code:

CODE
#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/game/pico
exec ./PicoDrive.gpe

I'm aware of the case sensitivity of the files and folders and all but I'm not sure what editors are unix compatible. I just use Windows WordPad for my .ini files which work fine, so I'm assuming the same would work in this case too, correct?

No, Wordpad is by no means the right choice. Basically you need an Unix compatible editor for all text files you want to edit on the Wiz.
I recommend Notepad++.

notepadunix.png

Thanks! Downloaded Notepad++ switched it to Unix... still get a blank screen... :(

idk what I'm doing wrong... its not important but now its just annoying me, haha.

okay, now I'm angry :angry2: I just removed the autorun file so I could use my Wiz normally and all the contents in my PicoDrive folder vanished... this is the second time that happened too? wtf?

Okay thanks everyone, the autorun file works now. Doesn't answer why my pico directory mysteriously vanished twice... but thats a question for another thread I suppose. Once I put the pico files back on my SD card the autorun file created with Notepad++ worked perfectly. Thanks again.

MiOdd posted on May 30 2009 at 11:23 PM said:
Okay thanks everyone, the autorun file works now. Doesn't answer why my pico directory mysteriously vanished twice... but thats a question for another thread I suppose. Once I put the pico files back on my SD card the autorun file created with Notepad++ worked perfectly. Thanks again.
Try setting the disappearing files inside to read-only? and make sure you safely remove your wiz in windows/unmount in linux before disconnecting with the system, so you don't cause corruption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back