Atari Lynx Emulation

good games? start with slime world and then xenophobe.

There are many other great games.

Xenophobe on lynx is actually better then the original arcade.

If com lynk is working, you can play the aliens, and this one has a final boss battle.

Somewhat unrelated, but has anyone built Tile World (Chip's Challenge)?

I don't have a pandora but it will most likely compile without changes as it only needs SDL.

Not sure what it has to do with Atari Lynx emulation.. But yeah it was built and lives on the old repo http://dl.openhandhe...?0,0,0,0,25,150 it was put together 2 years ago so hopefully it still works fine with all the firmware changes.

I can confirm this works on Super Zaxxon 1.52, the latest version.

And I mean the .pnd you reference here works.

Of course it also works on Lynx, if you have the file. But the .pnd you reference on openhandhelds...it works with the latest Super Zaxxon.

i mean are there really any good games on the Atari Lynx?
Rampart on the Lynx is much better than the original arcade version.

Robotron is also excellent given the lack of two joysticks.

Lemmings, Shadow of the Beast, Toki... all excellent.

Scrapyard Dog, Crystal Mines 2, Switchblade II are a few I will name.

Batman Returns.. Well... that game shits me

:D You're not alone - Batman Returns was terrible. I spent ages trying to get into it, but they completely forgot to include any gameplay...

I've got a soft spot for Scrapyard Dog too. I'm not sure it quite cuts it compared to the competition, but it was everything Batman Returns wasn't...

it must be a good handheld with plenty of good unique games...works till this day!

PICT0047.JPG

Do either of the Lynx emulators support screen rotation? One of my favorite games for the Lynx is Gauntlet The Third Encounter and that runs in portrait orientation. Pretty odd to hold the Pandora sideways to play that.

Do either of the Lynx emulators support screen rotation? One of my favorite games for the Lynx is Gauntlet The Third Encounter and that runs in portrait orientation. Pretty odd to hold the Pandora sideways to play that.

In mednafen Alt-O can be used to rotate the screen. http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/09x/lynx.html

Are you wanting to hold the pandora normally and have the game appear as a tall narrow rectangle with large black borders on the sides?

I just tested a workaround by editting the mednafen-lynx.sh script and it works ok, but will need to rebuild in order to handle this properly.

This might sound like a really dumb question, but I can't seem to figure it out...how do you exit the Mednafen program and go back to the main menu?  I've tried all of the key commands I can think of and I can't seem to figure it out.  In addition I too am having issues getting the Lynx emulator to work. I tried as people had suggested by putting the linxboot.img file in the appdata/mednafen folder, but doesn't seem load any games when I try it. Thanks. 

This might sound like a really dumb question, but I can't seem to figure it out...how do you exit the Mednafen program and go back to the main menu?  I've tried all of the key commands I can think of and I can't seem to figure it out.  In addition I too am having issues getting the Lynx emulator to work. I tried as people had suggested by putting the linxboot.img file in the appdata/mednafen folder, but doesn't seem load any games when I try it. Thanks. 
Same here, buddy. One way to quit Mednafen is pressing the Pandora home button twice or 3 times. How to get it to work, still dunno, help anyone?

Handy works, but if I change the video-filter to anything other than "none" the picture is not fullscreen anymore.

How do I change that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you so eager to blame the emulators?  From the problems you've described, it seems pretty obvious you don't have a proper BIOS.  Even Handy told you that the checksum doesn't match, yet you chose to ignore the message and continue blaming the emulator that it wasn't working.

Back