Atari Lynx Emulation

Why are you so eager to blame the emulators?  From the problems you've described, it seems pretty obvious you don't have a proper BIOS.  Even Handy told you that the checksum doesn't match, yet you chose to ignore the message and continue blaming the emulator that it wasn't working.
As for myself I am rather asking for advice and your other users experiences than blaming anyone who made it possible to play the roms. I respect those people as they've put a lot of work, effort and time into those things. But ppl simply telling me that their emulator works is not much help, they should tell what version and config they use, etc. that's what this whole community is for, to help ppl like me that don't have much experience so I am thankful for those who can help me making things work

Last edited by a moderator:
It usually is all about the Bios.

PS: Es gibt auch ein deutsches Forum von ED - vielleicht sollte man dies hier öfter erwähnen.

forum.gp2x.de

Do either of the Lynx emulators support screen rotation? One of my favorite games for the Lynx is Gauntlet The Third Encounter and that runs in portrait orientation. Pretty odd to hold the Pandora sideways to play that.
In mednafen Alt-O can be used to rotate the screen. http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/09x/lynx.html

Are you wanting to hold the pandora normally and have the game appear as a tall narrow rectangle with large black borders on the sides?

I just tested a workaround by editting the mednafen-lynx.sh script and it works ok, but will need to rebuild in order to handle this properly.
That is exactly what I want.  :)

The Pandora's design doesn't lend itself very nicely to be used sideways lol

Hi, finally got both emulators to work now. Next question:

- How do you save / load states with HANDY?

- What are the keymaps for Mednafen LYNX? Remapping possible? I cannot play / start any game with the usual pandora emulator buttons... help needed

http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/09x/lynx.html doesn't give me a clue as I simply don't understand the manual.

Thanks again

Maybe this helps a little ?
Thanks thatgui, Mednafen keymapping problem solved.

Solution: I had to remap the buttons for lynx in the mednafen config file. This helped http://pandorawiki.org/Keyboard

Was a little tricky with trial and error but it works well now.

Still haven't found out how to use save / load states in Handy, not even sure if they are implemented. Comments on this would be nice.

Thanks again ppl

I don't think is there a save function in Handy, at least in the version we have here.

Do either of the Lynx emulators support screen rotation? One of my favorite games for the Lynx is Gauntlet The Third Encounter and that runs in portrait orientation. Pretty odd to hold the Pandora sideways to play that.
In mednafen Alt-O can be used to rotate the screen. http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/documentation/09x/lynx.html

Are you wanting to hold the pandora normally and have the game appear as a tall narrow rectangle with large black borders on the sides?

I just tested a workaround by editting the mednafen-lynx.sh script and it works ok, but will need to rebuild in order to handle this properly.
That is exactly what I want.  :)

The Pandora's design doesn't lend itself very nicely to be used sideways lol
After months and months of research, (well, more like 2 hours), I've found that the documentation is incorrect for screen rotation.  It's actually F8 that rotates the screen, although it still keeps the same landscape screen ratio so it makes vertical movement really slow and horizontal movement really fast in portrait mode :/

Adding info myself, unfortunately, GP2X Handy is an exception, and won´t work on the Pandora using GInge. No biggie.

Reviving this.

Just fired up Handy, found that there's no option for Frameskip = 0 and i'm not a fan of medifen (or whatever)

Anyone planning to work to add the new display filters and frameskip 0? ;)

Reviving this.

Just fired up Handy, found that there's no option for Frameskip = 0 and i'm not a fan of medifen (or whatever)

Anyone planning to work to add the new display filters and frameskip 0? ;)
There's also no savestate function which makes it useless (for me), I recommend trying mednafen lynx which works fine, also seems to run almost all games on fullspeed so no frameskip needed ;)

How can i select the rom folder on the sd card with handy? I have the img file in the handy folder and the roms to but if i in the menu select load rom i can only select in the boot of the Pandora itself and not choose wich sd card :(

Back