Atari Jaguar 64-Bit & Jaguar CD Review (YouTube - Dan Wood)

mjohansson

Supporter
Thaught this was a great review with all sorts of interesting stuff like a video of the VR headset that I had forgotten about.

Would be nice to see if current coders could get the power out of the Jaguar that was promised.
I never knew if it reached it's full potential or it's supposed power was all hype.

A nice review of the Jaguar. For some reason the system always interests me, I really want one some day.

Would be nice to see if current coders could get the power out of the Jaguar that was promised.
I never knew if it reached it's full potential or it's supposed power was all hype.

I think when it comes to pushing the Jaguar to it's limit the games Zero 5 and Skyhammer are the once to do it. They look really good. The Jaguar was really good at getting good performance (when used right) for a pretty good price. The system sold for $250 when it came out in 1993 and quickly dropped to 150. Comparing that to other 5th generation consoles when they launched it's pretty impressive.

Also would be nice to see a good port of a Jaguar emulator for the Pyra or Pandora considering they have the keys to make the keypad work pretty good :) Of course I can't even run perfect Jaguar emulation on my desktop PC when playing some of the 3D games.

A nice review of the Jaguar. For some reason the system always interests me, I really want one some day.

I think when it comes to pushing the Jaguar to it's limit the games Zero 5 and Skyhammer are the once to do it. They look really good. The Jaguar was really good at getting good performance (when used right) for a pretty good price. The system sold for $250 when it came out in 1993 and quickly dropped to 150. Comparing that to other 5th generation consoles when they launched it's pretty impressive.

Also would be nice to see a good port of a Jaguar emulator for the Pyra or Pandora considering they have the keys to make the keypad work pretty good :) Of course I can't even run perfect Jaguar emulation on my desktop PC when playing some of the 3D games.
Virtual jaguar is on the pandora.

It says on the repo:
The Jaguar had many chip inside, and is quite a beast to emulate, so don't expect this one to be full speed on the Pandora.

It also has a link to a video Ingo made of some games without audio. Quite a few games looked playable, if not running at full speed (and the value of playing Tempest 2k without it's awesome audio is questionable).

Back