Assault Cube

MrDowntempo

Still Fresh
Hi all. Got my 2nd batch Pandroa ordered :D but I don't have it home to play with yet. I was wondering if anyone has gotten AssaultCube to play on the Pandora?

Thanks!

Just wait, it's practically guaranteed to be ported (and very likely to be ported before the second batch is shipped, too). I mean, the Pandora is the first real open-handheld-console which is capable of properly playing these games. So it shouldn't be too difficult.

fearofshorts said:
Just wait, it's practically guaranteed to be ported (and very likely to be ported before the second batch is shipped, too). I mean, the Pandora is the first real open-handheld-console which is capable of properly playing these games. So it shouldn't be too difficult.

Just the possibility of playing MP Sauerbraten on the go was one of the reasons I bought the damn thing.

EDIT: OH GOD, I just noticed the post date. *embarrassment* SO SORRY PEOPLE, JUST IGNORE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the initial work to get the old Intel ported Cube engine running on the Pandora. Except it was full of graphics glitches, and I never got to the bottom of where they were coming from!

Speculant said:
fearofshorts said:

Just the possibility of playing MP Sauerbraten on the go was one of the reasons I bought the damn thing.

EDIT: OH GOD, I just noticed the post date. *embarrassment* SO SORRY PEOPLE, JUST IGNORE.
It's okay - I wouldn't be so quick to assume it'll be ported, since Sauerbraten is enormously more complex than Cube (an OGL ES port of Cube already exists, but it's for Windows CE-based devices). I think Cube would probably be pretty easy to get working (and get working well, since it's playable, if not full speed, on a 5-year-old Axim), but Sauerbraten is far more demanding.

edit: :ph34r:

Maybe not that easy after all...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can spare all the pixelshadereffects and stuff, that was added, it should be possible with nanogl. They are based on the Quake Engine after all.

Oh god.
I take a break from the forums for a few months (highly recommended by the way, completely relieves the tension) and the first thing I see when I get back is a post from myself that's been dug up. What the hell, forum, are you trying to pretend I've never left?

Back