Arora Rift

Nice :) Feels nice that someone enjoys and takes interest in my games. The time spent developing the game feels well invested then.

I will likely make a patch for the game, when I've got some extra time to spare, which you can download for free. Just to address some of the small issues in the game.

I like it, but I have to agree with Retrovortex about the collisions. It in no way makes the game unplayable but you just have to adjust how you play a bit. Also, the screen will be full of enemies and it will suddenly clear itself and they'll reappear on the horizon, it's like it resets. All in all it's a very enjoyable game and well worth the $4. I'd recommend it to everyone!

Orion4874 said:
I like it, but I have to agree with Retrovortex about the collisions. It in no way makes the game unplayable but you just have to adjust how you play a bit. Also, the screen will be full of enemies and it will suddenly clear itself and they'll reappear on the horizon, it's like it resets. All in all it's a very enjoyable game and well worth the $4. I'd recommend it to everyone!
Thank you for the comments. These things will be adjusted and tweaked in the best fashion, in a small patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some time ago I started working on my second Caanoo game. This will be quite different and I think you will like it. It will also be commercial.
I will be announcing it when it's near finished.

BlackCurtain said:
Some time ago I started working on my second Caanoo game. This will be quite different and I think you will like it. It will also be commercial.
Maybe you should take part in this Riot Tag-Team Coding Competition, which might generate even more money.
Whatsoever, i´d really like to see some more games by you.

Akabei said:
BlackCurtain said:
Maybe you should take part in this Riot Tag-Team Coding Competition, which might generate even more money.
Whatsoever, i´d really like to see some more games by you.
Sounds like a challenge, though a very tight deadline. If I make it, I make it, but I'm not going to rush the development :)
Arora Rift took me about 3 months to make.

Hi BlackCurtain,

I really like the idea of your game. And I thought of making a demo (like you did for the PC) to bring it to the people.
The OpenHandhelds.Org has a section for Demos.

So maybe you can upload it there. What do you think?

kayuz said:
yes it's a good idea; release a demo for caanoo! naturally not the complete game, a little part B)
please, don´t let us take part of your frustration, kayuz

Hey Arora Rift, you sound pretty Beowulf there.

:p

Anyway, this looks like an interesting game. I'll give the demo a shot.

The song used in your trailer, Steel Beowulf from Super Robot Wars. Did you not know what song you were using? :p

The new "Arora Rift 32X" is on it's way - an extended version with 32-bit graphics for Pandora, which greatly improves the sprite detail from the old 8-bit. Some sprites will be refurbished. A 16X-version for Caanoo is also planed.

Back