Arora Rift

Blackcurtain

Website
www.blackcurtainstudio.com
Nice :) Feels nice that someone enjoys and takes interest in my games. The time spent developing the game feels well invested then.

I will likely make a patch for the game, when I've got some extra time to spare, which you can download for free. Just to address some of the small issues in the game.

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I like it, but I have to agree with Retrovortex about the collisions. It in no way makes the game unplayable but you just have to adjust how you play a bit. Also, the screen will be full of enemies and it will suddenly clear itself and they'll reappear on the horizon, it's like it resets. All in all it's a very enjoyable game and well worth the $4. I'd recommend it to everyone!

Blackcurtain

Website
Orion4874 said:
I like it, but I have to agree with Retrovortex about the collisions. It in no way makes the game unplayable but you just have to adjust how you play a bit. Also, the screen will be full of enemies and it will suddenly clear itself and they'll reappear on the horizon, it's like it resets. All in all it's a very enjoyable game and well worth the $4. I'd recommend it to everyone!
Thank you for the comments. These things will be adjusted and tweaked in the best fashion, in a small patch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akabei

BlackCurtain said:
Some time ago I started working on my second Caanoo game. This will be quite different and I think you will like it. It will also be commercial.
I will be announcing it when it's near finished.
Maybe you should take part in this Riot Tag-Team Coding Competition, which might generate even more money.
Whatsoever, i´d really like to see some more games by you.

Blackcurtain

Website
Akabei said:
BlackCurtain said:
Some time ago I started working on my second Caanoo game. This will be quite different and I think you will like it. It will also be commercial.
I will be announcing it when it's near finished.
Maybe you should take part in this Riot Tag-Team Coding Competition, which might generate even more money.
Whatsoever, i´d really like to see some more games by you.
Sounds like a challenge, though a very tight deadline. If I make it, I make it, but I'm not going to rush the development :)
Arora Rift took me about 3 months to make.

tryone

Hi BlackCurtain,

I really like the idea of your game. And I thought of making a demo (like you did for the PC) to bring it to the people.
The OpenHandhelds.Org has a section for Demos.

So maybe you can upload it there. What do you think?

Akabei

kayuz said:
yes it's a good idea; release a demo for caanoo! naturally not the complete game, a little part B)
please, don´t let us take part of your frustration, kayuz

lamialily

Still Fresh
Website
Pending...
Hey Arora Rift, you sound pretty Beowulf there.

:p

Anyway, this looks like an interesting game. I'll give the demo a shot.

lamialily

Still Fresh
Website
Pending...
The song used in your trailer, Steel Beowulf from Super Robot Wars. Did you not know what song you were using? :p

Blackcurtain

Website
The new "Arora Rift 32X" is on it's way - an extended version with 32-bit graphics for Pandora, which greatly improves the sprite detail from the old 8-bit. Some sprites will be refurbished. A 16X-version for Caanoo is also planed.