Armageddon?

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Website
Visit site
I found this post by one of the code maintainers for Worms Armageddon.
Porting W:A to SDL/OpenGL is part of our to-do list as part of Linux compatibility. (W:A 4.0 might be exclusively based on SDL.) Once the code is platform-independent, creating a Pandora port should be fairly simple (though there'll probably be some need for adaptation for gamepads etc.)

ndbsolar said:
Fantasic :) I loved this game in the past and still do. Lets hope this can happen.
What other consoles did this game appear on?

This would be very nice on the Pandy.
That would be at least two commercial games I would snap up (the other being World of Goo, if it were ported)

Home-grown games are great 'n all but they tend to lack the crispness/quality of a commercial product. Understandable, If I was working 8 hours a day on a game it would be awesome. As it is, a couple of hours here and there does not equate a perfectly polished product (I am trying with LemmingsSDL!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Its one of the few games I would buy even though there are good opensource alternatives

i'd buy it, but to be honest, pandoras resolution is not high enough for seriously playing

Balzac2m said:
i'd buy it, but to be honest, pandoras resolution is not high enough for seriously playing

I played it with 640x480 Resolution in the old days... But I think, it wouldn't be an issue because pandora users would play against pandora users.

Balzac2m said:

Pandora resolution not high enough?! Worms looks good and plays fairly well on ipod touch and that's only half the resolution

goonaman said:
Balzac2m said:

Pandora resolution not high enough?! Worms looks good and plays fairly well on ipod touch and that's only half the resolution

Well, Iphone has the zooming option. Thats something the original Armageddon didn't have.

W:A on DC had the zooming, too. Would be too cool to use the nubs to zoom/pan the map!

mcobit said:
goonaman said:
Balzac2m said:

Well, Iphone has the zooming option. Thats something the original Armageddon didn't have.

Yeah, for normal playing it's enough.
But watch this and you'll understand what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5vlEr_wMQ

I can hardly imagine roping on the pandora. But casual playing the normal way is fine I'm sure and trying to play wXw, shopper and the like will be fun at least ;)

Balzac2m said:
mcobit said:
goonaman said:
Balzac2m said:

Yeah, for normal playing it's enough.
But watch this and you'll understand what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5vlEr_wMQ

I can hardly imagine roping on the pandora. But casual playing the normal way is fine I'm sure and trying to play wXw, shopper and the like will be fun at least ;)

WTF that is sick stuff

IsSuE said:
WTF that is sick stuff
AFAIK, such Roping-Skills are essential if you plan to seriously play Worms online. I've seen some other Videos of "Ropers" and without you really seems to have trouble to win against "professional" W:A Players.
But of course it seems to be hard to manage this onto the Pandora.

That particular video is not a human playing, it's a bot. There are/were some players that were quite good, but never that good. I used to play pretty religiously, and I've seen some dynamite ropers. What you see in that video is a well timed script. Even Deadcode admitted it was a script at the time.

Roping skills are pretty easy to acquire, difficult to master. You can still have tons of fun without being a master roper.

fusion_power said:
IsSuE said:
WTF that is sick stuff
AFAIK, such Roping-Skills are essential if you plan to seriously play Worms online. I've seen some other Videos of "Ropers" and without you really seems to have trouble to win against "professional" W:A Players.
But of course it seems to be hard to manage this onto the Pandora.
Do most "ropers" play with infinite rope shots? In worms 2 I remember having a limited supply.

Lunatic said:
Do most "ropers" play with infinite rope shots? In worms 2 I remember having a limited supply.
Depended on the "Game" you were playing. Shoppers, Propers, WxW, Roperaces, all have infinate shots. T17's, Forts, and others, didn't.

You could configure all manner of weapon and utility combos to change the way the game was played. Much more so, than Worms 2.

Definite buy if it's released for the Pandora. Until then I hope the Worms: Director's Cut version will run well on UAE (but that requires AGA support, I guess).

Back