Who Wants Worms Armageddon Ported To The Pandora?

b1llygo4t

Worms Armageddon is arguably the best worms games ever. it still has a very strong community on Wormnet, and still receives Team17 official updates from 2 members of the community. there are alternative versions of W:A that will run on the Pandora (N64, DC, PS1) but none of them have online game play(the best part), the complex controls or recieve the updates as the PC version does. the 2 members of the community that update the game are not paid by team17, and they got permission to make updates from their experience hacking the game and patching it to run on newer windows systems. they still sell the W:A disc for about 5 bucks. if enough of us are willing to pay for it, harass team17 about it, and provide them with a trusted developer to make the port, there is a chance they would let it happen.

Team17 condones running their game from mounted iso so long as you purchase the disc and make your own copy.

Hyperion Entertainment supposedly obtained the rights to port Worms Armageddon, but they havnt done anything with it.

Anyone else interested in this? it would need to be a community effort.

b1llygo4t said:
if enough of us are willing to pay for it, harass team17 about it, and provide them with a trusted developer to make the port, there is a chance they would let it happen.
That's the wrong way to go about it. You need a willing and capable programmer first. Then that person asks politely to be allowed to port the game to a new platform. Making a nuisance of yourself will get you nothing, and without a programmer, it wouldn't do you any good anyway.

Considering the PS1 version is quite good, I doubt you'll find any takers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still a closed source, right? Considering a worms game was recently released on the iPhone..

Why would they release the source when they are still making money from the franchise?

kingoddball said:
It's still a closed source, right? Considering a worms game was recently released on the iPhone..

Why would they release the source when they are still making money from the franchise?

That Hedgewards looks ace! And it has the source code so shouldn't be too paintful getting it running...I do like worms.

I'd prefer Worms: Forts myself. Great fun. I could wish for more levels rather than a new game (e.g. Worms 4 : Whateveritis).

Am I the only one nostalgic for scorched earth? I believe it was the first of this genre... even had multi-player play over modem. Not as pretty as the games that came later. But great fun back in the day.

BackAssward said:
Am I the only one nostalgic for scorched earth? I believe it was the first of this genre... even had multi-player play over modem. Not as pretty as the games that came later. But great fun back in the day.

I loved Tank Wars Which actually came out before Scorched Earth, which I never did get around to play back in the day.. Shareware trails was all I could afford back in the day.

TrashyMG said:
BackAssward said:

I loved Tank Wars Which actually came out before Scorched Earth, which I never did get around to play back in the day.. Shareware trails was all I could afford back in the day.
I stand corrected... from the graphics I would believe tank wars came before scorched earth. I believe scorched earth was shareware back then, I was to young to afford buying it... I believe I downloaded a copy from a bbs.

OMG! i was roping for years in W:A and WWP.
It would be incredible to play worms on my pandora. Although i think it's impossible to get exactly the same gameplay feeling, there are similar open source games wich can be ported to pandora.

NamX said:
OMG! i was roping for years in W:A and WWP.
It would be incredible to play worms on my pandora. Although i think it's impossible to get exactly the same gameplay feeling, there are similar open source games wich can be ported to pandora.
W2 roper here :ph34r:
W:A was a disappointment to me because of the rope physics so I didn't play it much (a bit like L4D2 after L4D). I bought WWP at some point but never got into the scene.

My buddies and I used to play W:A for hours every night. Hedgewars does not have the same ninja rope action going on, or at least last time I tried it. I used to love playing shoppers, and T17s... Having a direct port of W:A for the Pandora would be SWEET and would instantly sell at least one Pandora to one of my buddies. Alas, terribly unlikely.

Ninja Rope = Best thing in the universe. A game concept could easily be created around that mechanic alone! ... oh wait, it's called Bionic Commando?

gadgetoid said:
Ninja Rope = Best thing in the universe. A game concept could easily be created around that mechanic alone! ... oh wait, it's called Bionic Commando?

That, or this ol' Assembly 2004 demo party gamedev compo entry called B.A.L.L.O., where ninjaroping is actually the whole game mechanic :D

@ king oddball : the iphone and pandora are worlds apart, and they still sell W:A. a port of W:A wouldnt effect the iphone game sales, and would increase W:A and pandora sales.

@ chip : i started this thread to see if a developer would be interested and to see if the community wanted it. none of the console games have online play, which without is hardly worth playing.

@ hedgewars : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ::rageface::

gadgetoid said:
Teeworlds?

PS: Bionic Commando was pure awesome. Must've played over that game like 10 or more times on the NES and it was lots of fun every time.

b1llygo4t said:
@ hedgewars : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ::rageface::
The only fffuuu re hedgewars is QT4 dependency. The game itself is very cool.

Back