Argghh! Super Mario Galaxy And Assassins Creed Released Same Day..

I tried to just mess about when I played Assassin's Creed. All I wanted to try out was the jumping/parkour and the fighting but I found the controls to be too awkward for me to even enjoy it.

After 20 or so hours of playtime and with 65 stars collected I finally feel qualified to air my views on Super Mario Galaxy...

Lets start with the graphics... Far better than I was expecting, Having played most of the graphically Brilliant games on xbox 360 such as gears of war, call of duty 4 and suchlike I was expecting dissapointment from the Wii, but this couldnt be further from the truth, everything in mario looks stunning, from the lighting, textures, vibrant colours, effects (special mention goes to the fur on various enemies) even the camera is great and keeps up all the time.

Music and sound effects are brilliant and range from old classics (some in remastered form) that you will be humming along to without even noticing to grand orchestral scores which seem to suit every situation perfectly.

Gameplay as with all Marios is very tight and will have you jumping for joy 1 minute as you beat shadow mario with split seconds to spare and at other times gnashing your teeth with frustration as you fail to reach that elusive star for the 10th time in a row (not the games fault but merely a reflection on your sub standard game playing skills!)

Control is as superbly implemented as you could wish for, the nunchuck and wii mote are put to great use as you point, tilt and shake your way through the levels, (the ball rolling game where you hold the wii mote vertical and tilt it is pure genius).

To sum up then if you have a Wii and feel starved of quality releases then this is the game you have been waiting for, it has something for everyone and will make even the most cynical of gamers smile at some point.

You really owe it to yourself to buy this, it would be an injustice to yourself and your Wii if you dont.

Assassins Creed can wait, im lost in a galaxy far far away...

Back