Argghh! Super Mario Galaxy And Assassins Creed Released Same Day..

razzy

Website
Visit site
Only have enough funds for one of these games this weekend so my question to you all is what would you buy?
( I know they are completely different genres but I enjoy all game types and they are both supposedly "must have" titles)

razzy said:
Only have enough funds for one of these games this weekend so my question to you all is what would you buy?
( I know they are completely different genres but I enjoy all game types and they are both supposedly "must have" titles)
lol man, I'm so sorry to brag but tomorrow morning I'm going over to my Gamestop to pick up both LOL

It's gonna be like Xmas :D

To answer your question, only you can decide. mario is supposed to be a blast, while AC is going to be a massive, interactive, and historically accurate world. Anyone who tells you to buy one or the other is just being biased :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade some of your stuff in and get both. I'm getting SMG on friday and I may get Endless Ocean on Wii as well. If I can be bothered, I'll trade something in for Assassin's Creed and get all three.

I been playing Super Mario Galaxy for like 2-3 weeks and I have to say that its amazing. I beet the storyline, but even after that there is still a lot to do. *minor spoiler* After you get all 120 stars with Mario, you can play as Luigi and replay the game. The game is a lot different as Luigi.*/spoiler*

SMG is a must buy game for the wii.

^ Very big Damn you! I wasn't wanting it spoiled. And tat sort of spoiled a little bit of it. :( Oh well, I shall enjoy the game just as much now even though I know what I unlock at the end.

i shall be definitely gettin both but i dont know when, im still playing half life 2 via the orange box, then i have portal, episode 1, episode 2 to play, then i still have to get cod4, then i want to spend more time with halo 3 online, along with all this i have to find time to look after my baby daughter who was born last wednesday :rolleyes: amazon has stopped taking preorders on mario galaxy, its the only game ive really wanted for wii so far, i hope its better than sunshine, i wasnt too keen on that.

ganepark, whats your live tag? i dont think i have you on my friends list.

Ganepark32 said:
^ Very big Damn you! I wasn't wanting it spoiled. And tat sort of spoiled a little bit of it. :( Oh well, I shall enjoy the game just as much now even though I know what I unlock at the end.
Its not really a spoiler, it pretty much all over the internet. Ive know that since i "backed it up" and it just makes me want to play the game even more. :)

Yeah, the big spoiler is that peach dies at the end.

OH SHI!

Well I managed to dodge every image, video and news story on who the secret character was and I had managed it until now. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

CUPC4KES, my gamertag is matcoy. My bro and I share the same gamertag for on Live so if you play on live with me at anytime, you'll either get me or my bro. Difference is that I speak to people while playing.

No offense, but anyone with a piece of brain would figure out Luigi is likely involved somehow. It's really no big surprise dude. If you're really that upset over that being revealed then maybe being in a forum thread with Galaxy as the topic wasn't the best idea ;)

Thanks guys, the decision has been made... Gonna go for Galaxy this weekend then get Assassins Creed next week when I get paid again...

Been leaning towards Mario anyway after reading/watching loads of reviews on the net, time my Wii had a workout as I cant remember the last time i put it on!

Yeah im going with mario too i think, assasins creed aint gettin the outstanding reviews that i expected, hopefully it'll be in the post xmas sales, i'll pick it up then.

oh i forgot those were coming out. I actually just got clal of duty 4 and wwe 2008( I dont knwo why) last week. I shouldnt really get any games this week but since you have reminded me i might end up getting both :p

toys r us is doing mario galaxy for £26.87 until this monday, they had about 50 left in merry hill branch this afternoon when i got mine, and ive seen assasins creed for £34 virginmegastore.co.uk, although in store its 37.

Got both today. I haven't played Assassin's Creed myself as my bro has been playing it. Looks a little complicated but I'll give it a shot.

Anyone else a little disappointed with Super Mario Galaxy yet? I've only got two stars but I didn't have this feling of satisfaction doing it. Looks good though on my tv and I'm not using the Component Cables.

Ganepark32 said:
Got both today. I haven't played Assassin's Creed myself as my bro has been playing it. Looks a little complicated but I'll give it a shot.

Anyone else a little disappointed with Super Mario Galaxy yet? I've only got two stars but I didn't have this feling of satisfaction doing it. Looks good though on my tv and I'm not using the Component Cables.
Havent even taken it out of the wrapping yet (heavy night on the drink last night) will give it a good play today though and post my thoughts later...

I would like to retract my previous statement in which I said I was a little disappointed after playing Super Mario Galaxy. I sat down and played some more of it today and I found myself really enjoying it and really getting into it. It truly is fantastic. Love the Manta-ray surfing bit.

Still haven't tried Assassin's Creed yet, purely because I'm still enjoying playing Call of Duty 4 online (missed out on rank 28 earlier by 1 xp but couldn't stay on to get that single bit of xp.) My brother is thoroughly enjoying it though. he continually says that it is fantastic so I guess I'll have to take some time to give it a go. But with college and Mass Effect this coming friday, it's going to be tough to find some time.

Played Assassin's Creed today. Don't know if I'm the only one (I'm sure I'm not) but it just felt sooooo disappointing playing it. Beyond the graphics and the huge cities, it just felt awful to play gameplay and control wise. And the graphics, although good, just repeat themselves but are either shaded darker or lighter. So I didn't even see any wow factor with the graphics as much as I thought I would.

Assasins creed is good but it can seem a bit repetitive. I just figured out some stuff about the fighting i didnt realise and im on like the 5th or 6th memory.
I think this game is worth playin even just to run and jump around everywhere and to try and get away from the guards and stuff or just go around tryin to kill lots of people :p. The actual real game is not bad either but as i said it is kind of repetitive.

Back