Are Your Icons Cut Off?

chickendung

TO THE TRENTON TAR PITS!
Website
i currently do not have a website.com
Quite simple, really. I thought it would be good to have this information on the site just for reference for developers, or if every little fault gets you ticked off like myself! :p

You may have noticed that if you use a 32 x 32 PNG, the image gets cut off at the right. The perfect size for Wiz firmware is 22 x 25 (odd, I know).

I for one believe that GPH should consider making the images scale down to the correct size in a future firmware release. But, for now, anyone making applications, or just making icons for applications, can use these dimensions from now on.

22 x 25 PNG
:D

22*25 is the size used by GPH with the built in games such that there is a little gap between the text and the icon but I think that 25*25 works fine but iirc it looked funny to me as the image "touched" the text.

Edit: and this has been on the wiki for ages I think anyway. I should probably add that 25*25 works aswell I guess (after I test my hypothesis when I get home later.

22*25 is the size used by GPH with the built in games such that there is a little gap between the text and the icon but I think that 25*25 works fine but iirc it looked funny to me as the image "touched" the text.
On my Wiz there are 2 pixels between the right edge of the 25x25 icons and the text. Tight? Maybe. Touching? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back