Are We Fans of the Pyra because we hate the domination of computing by big Government?

What is the fourth gadget?

I meant to say elements. Who needs fire when you have Pyra? Perhaps the Pyra could become the Fifth Element...that can read minds through systemd-networkd.

My PSP. I have a great deal of games that I still play on it (currently playing Valkyria Chronicles II without cheats this time), for it is my favorite handheld game console. I also occasionally listen to the Samurai Champloo OST on it for nostalgia, even though the audio output is nowhere near as good as through the Mont Blanc amp.

I will be very sad if PSP emulation on the Pyra is sub-par.

I think the Pyra fits well as fire. (If we will have systemd rubbed in our faces all the time I might switch over to a community version of Devuan, or one of the other great distros. :p)

I included a handheld as one of the first 3 (handheld console, netbook/laptop, smartphone), so the PSP would be covered. I suppose a dedicated media player might be the one I am missing, however all of the others should be able to do that, too. It is possible the Pyra could have AMAZING audio, but that still has yet to be heard, and I probably couldn't tell the difference.

I would guess that PSP emulation would be passable. Not sure whose standards we would be going by. Probably the same picky bastard that can tell if a Pyra is better or worse than a Pandora or something else in the audio department (which makes them, somehow, pickier than me...).

(If we will have systemd rubbed in our faces all the time I might switch over to a community version of Devuan, or one of the other great distros. :p)

Personally, I don't see the problem. But I guess I'm already corrupted.

I included a handheld as one of the first 3 (handheld console, netbook/laptop, smartphone), so the PSP would be covered. I suppose a dedicated media player might be the one I am missing, however all of the others should be able to do that, too.

Here's the thing, though: no matter how the 4 gadgets are categorized, that number won't change. I'm averse to playing PSP games on my HP TouchSmart since I already own a PSP (which also contains a great deal of emulators), and my Chromebook would probably slap me if it could. Also, playing Patapon 2 or Gods Eater: Burst on my Galaxy S5 would just make me die a little in the inside. Except with a DS3 controller, which mitigates the horrible input lag, but once it gets to that point, it's like why the hell not just play the actual PSP?

It is possible the Pyra could have AMAZING audio, but that still has yet to be heard, and I probably couldn't tell the difference.

Idk if ED said the same audio setup would be kept from the Pandora or not, but that would be good. The Pandora has a Burr-Brown DAC, Burr-Brown being a very renowned name among audiophiles. I couldn't speak for them, considering my Fiio X5 has TI chips, but swings and roundabouts.

Maybe ED touched on this a while ago.

I would guess that PSP emulation would be passable. Not sure whose standards we would be going by. Probably the same picky bastard that can tell if a Pyra is better or worse than a Pandora or something else in the audio department (which makes them, somehow, pickier than me...).

I'd be that picky bastard judging the Pyra's PSP emulation. I really, REALLY want to replace my PSP with a more comfortable handheld. I love the games, but playing them for a long time isn't exactly easy on the hands. I simply can't do that if the games don't behave as expected. I'd even settle for imperfect 3D games, the benchmark being Death Jr. and Coded Arms running at ~30fps without any major hiccups or glitches that aren't in the games.

If games like Ys Chronicles I&II, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Jeanne d'Arc can't run fullspeed without input lag though, then I'd be shocked.

Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to play Patapon or Project Diva with a PSP emulator.
PPSSPP on a powerful PC is not good enough for Project Diva due to input lag. Even PSP on Vita does not have the same input lag as a real PSP (but much better than PPSSPP).

Its big companies, in industries that profit from surveillance, that dominate computing decisions (in adverse ways).

To an alarming degree also governmental priorities. You can have good companies, just as much as you can be responsible for your government.

There is no such right for companies, and its governments that regulate them. So if you want Pyra, you need both.

A democracy in where those who have something to lose by not doing so, have their voices heard, is the only one which has the right to live.

Big government being a bane to computing is a false dichotomy.

Open hardware and free software projects, languages, and operating systems are to great degree direct results of governmental actions or incentives.

All-though the better alternative, also subject to corruption.

Big governments dictate standards very well, because they, unlike some companies, aren't in that monopoly.

Using monopoly to forcibly surveil citizens, is ultimately on the citizens, every time. On the part of governments, making the distinction between good and bad, rather than small and big.

Which opens up the argued possibility of having no government, and thereby no governmental surveillance. Equally as non-existant as a functional, self-regulating business-world.

While there could be a paradigm shift, we will on some level regardless of intelligence always have struggle, because societies aren't inhabited by ideal citizens, nor functional to ability of a egalitarian humanity, but rather subject to the abilities of people whom lack it.

Same thing on a national level, and it cant last there either, but it influences a larger society.

America are inventors in both market regulation and surveillance, the second because its citizens don't own that government. On equal footing to that of 'consumer-power'. It only tries to react.

China is doing much better, and looses the parts its doing well in, not so much to differences, but to negative policies that arent hidden. It tries to activly rule, and steps on peoples feet.

India is again the opposite to china, having about as many problems possible, with surveillance being secondary to all of them. It cant rule, and is about as much a country as Greece is.

Edit: The countries with the biggest governmental sectors are the most prosperous, regardless of size.
The difference being those that are dictated by companies, doing much worse. Both on the high and low end.

The limitations of bad government are known, but those of good government not.
With modern computing being crucially dependent on governmental control, and a potential abolishment of business as self-regulators with the powers it holds today, (food, education and internet supply) effectively being governmental regulators, I'd argue, to end on a glorious pun, that the pyra contributes to beneficial governmental control, in the sense that it places it in the hands of citizens.

Last edited:
Back