Are we at the GP32's end ?

And if it was dead, you should play all SNES, SMS, GBC, ST etc... games to finish the whole GP32 softs :)
Without talking of amateurs games or ports....

The better handled ever...

Once the GP32 has gone 3 months without anything at all released, no WIPs, and no posts in the developer sections, then I will consider it peaked. And even then, that's not to say it *can't* peak further, should some fresh ideas and coding expertise come into the scene (although I'll doubt it at that stage)

That has yet to be the case

It seems to me that things have been slowing down on the GP32 scene for quite a while now
What do you mean slowing down??? just look at all the games that have been released in the past 2 weeks. We've still got all the new "f" emus to come and also the new os9x....personally i think its going to be a great time for gp32.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the GP32 has gone 3 months without anything at all released, no WIPs, and no posts in the developer sections, then I will consider it peaked. And even then, that's not to say it *can't* peak further, should some fresh ideas and coding expertise come into the scene (although I'll doubt it at that stage)

That has yet to be the case
Yeah, the DC community has peaked several times, as old coders disapear and new talent appears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead?
Hmm.. depends how you see it...

If you simply want mainstream emulators - most of them are already there and may get some tweaking and enhancements... but nothing new here (it's dead in this case...)

BUT this doesn't mean the machine is dead!
When I look around I find more and more coders getting better and better.
I think we'll see more homebrew games in the future and less emulators.
And surely there will be some high-quality games in the homebrew section...

Comercially it's hard to tell if it's dead... depends on a European launch and thus on big companies to code more quality commercial games.

Hahaha Washo ur soo funny.... I least i post with a valid point, instead of just posting for post count... Anyway. I was about to sale my Gp32, had a decent offer too, but I started working with my own code and playin all the new progs ppl have been making, and i love it once again. It my be dead but its still a fan fav.

Everyone here knows how annoying the same topics are (question, flame, repeat). And everytime the same ppl answer. I mean heck, even if there's a valid euro lauchn think capcom will come over and start makin games? It hasn't even made a decent game on the next gen consoles (there are a few almost decent games) Yea, i am an ass. But i think we all get that way, after having to post hundreds of times for similar questions (What emu is best, is the gp dead, why should i get a Gp32, etc.) It just never ends.

-Matt ( i typed this all with a ruler)

One more note... That wasn't what i was talkin about xtreme. I have the ability to read, do you?

-Matt (Dun eat paste, gives u mad cow)

Back