The Gp32 Scene

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Just like to say that the scene has been kicking some major ass over the past few months, with emulator updates, new ports, new games - you name it! The stuff is pumpin' out.

I'm holding off buying a GP2x for some while now (perhaps a year or so) and going to continue with the GP32 (and hopefully start releasing some of my stuff) because the GP32 lives on. I'll catch up with the 2x later..

Well, I gotta admit having bought so many of the commercial gp32 games and finally getting some stuff done on the projects I've been working on (well, attempting to fix other people's projects up a little bit anyways) I'm sure I'll keep on working on the GP32 stuff but wanted a GP2X for other reasons also ;) that and I missed out on being around the GP32 for the first bit so might aswell catch this one this time... I feel it's a matter of support, but I'm weird.

Yeah, I really think that the influx of interest created by the GP2X and even from the release of the PSP oddly enough (which is what brought me back to GP32) is really going to count for something in the near future. GP2X might seem to make the GP32 scene a thing of the past, but in many ways I reckon it's going to keep on going strong for some time.

I know, I'm an excitable n00b, still the potential still in this scene that has seen years of development is exciting stuff and I'm stoked to finally have a GP32 and get involved in some darn tootin' homebrewin' :)

Much respect to all the devs and users that have made this lil thing the best gadget that I've ever bought!

So viva GP2X and long live GP32!

I have to agree the GP32 is really moving and shaking, perhaps more since the announcment of the GP2X. I wonder if the GP2X is the catalyst driving the development of the the GP32 products.

The doubters have said the scene is finished on more occasions than I care to think of.

Every time there's a new handheld, every time there's a slow period, every time ANYTHING happens that is not positive, the nay sayers have jumped on the bandwagon.

Well here's the news...

GP32 is here to stay for a long time yet :)

Even with the GP2X, the GP32 will carry on for some time to come, of that, I have no doubt.

Axeman posted on Oct 24 2005 at 03:45 AM said:
The doubters have said the scene is finished on more occasions than I care to think of.

Every time there's a new handheld, every time there's a slow period, every time ANYTHING happens that is not positive, the nay sayers have jumped on the bandwagon.

What this psp knock of is still going it died like 4 years ago get with the times people everyone is now using the commodore 64 :lol:

Yeah a while back people were posting shit like that every other day, but hey they are eather gone to their "better" handheld or are converts.
I think it will be around for a long time to come just because the nature of the gp32, its just made to keep going and going and going.

Bourbon

Last edited by a moderator:
pea posted on Oct 24 2005 at 05:20 AM said:
I'm holding off buying a GP2x for some while now (perhaps a year or so) and going to continue with the GP32 (and hopefully start releasing some of my stuff) because the GP32 lives on. I'll catch up with the 2x later..
yey :)

aapje89 posted on Oct 24 2005 at 07:46 AM said:
pea posted on Oct 24 2005 at 05:20 AM said:
yey :)
Ditto :)

i've been following the scene for over 2 years now, some active some behind the scenes trolling. I remember dry spells much longer than this over a year ago. When everyone was waiting for a new version of OSnes9x and it never came, things seemed to stop for a while.

Like Axeman stated, there are slow times in any scene, i predict there will be many slow times in the GP32s future, but never will it fully die 100%.

Regarding the GP2x and what it will do to the GP32 it's... it is a simple!

Look at the C64/Atari 8bit/Spectrum scene - did it vanish only because a more powerfull machines had been showing? No, of course not and I'm saying (or specificaly better said typing) this as future owner of GP2x only.

Imho it will be far better in the case of GP32/GP2x because they are using the same screen and the same core cpu (Arm9) so they have much more in a common than a C64 and an Amiga for an example.

Back