Are 700 Ready To Go Out This Week?

It's probably a good thing people don't know where the village hall is.

After all.. they don't count how many Pandoras they have. I wonder what time Craig goes to bed?

;)

You have our money, so make our bloody Pandora's, and no you can't have my order number! Although I'm lead to believe I'm 350 in queue, no email yet of course.

:)

Steve

SomeGuy99 said:

After all.. they don't count how many Pandoras they have. I wonder what time Craig goes to bed?

;)

You've just doomed every "old village hall" in North England to an overnight break-in :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
SomeGuy99 said:

;)

You've just doomed every "old village hall" in North England to an overnight break-in :(

Oh man. No tea and biscuits for bingo night across the country! They'll figure me the mastermind behind it all! :eek:

We don't have to count, we know we have the parts (which we counted) and we know what we are doing. That's it. We build, the office in Newcastle ships.

SomeGuy99 said:
Oh man. No tea and biscuits for bingo night across the country! They'll figure me the mastermind behind it all! :eek:

dude is your avatar the memory bit from TRON? I love that film!

So is that a no then craig? (my original question, the reason for this thread).
I simply want to know if pandora 365 will ship this week. If you don't know, just say so. Ta

From my perspective I'd say that in a normal situation, where the people who created the product aren't the sole people on the assembly line, it makes sense to count because the fear it that some hire hand might walk off with something that isnt theirs and accounting for the number of units would help find a discrepancy, But in OPs case (one with is certainly not normal) they're the only ones working on it and it's unlikely that any of them are going to steal a dozen pandoras... I hope.

To the masses it's going to sound like an unprofessional situation, but to the people building them all they know is they have to get as many made as possible with the parts that have been delivered (presumably all the parts were counted when they came into the town hall),so that the office that has all the order numbers can actually ship the product to the people that ordered. They're the ones technically keeping count since they know who has and hasnt received a package.

milkshake said:
SomeGuy99 said:

dude is your avatar the memory bit from TRON? I love that film!

YES

Flynn_BIT01_520x390.gif

Seems like a fine thread to post this in, I recall that there was an assumption that the first 700 were broken into three batches (200 for Fatih & 200 for Ed, Craig with 300 I assume). Is that how these first units were divided (or something like that)?

I have to wonder because if so I have to wait for more boards to come in before my unit could possibly be finished.

I've heard some people have gotten their pandora's without getting the email, so at 650 you can still be hopeful.

They've only done 400 as of yesterday. Not all of those are from Craig's store (which is the only store relevant to the estimated queue positions). So my guess is, if you're under 300 on the GBAX list you _might_ get an email this week. If you're in the 600 range, better put your patient pants on.

With the boards from states coming - are these going to be assembled by craig or are they going to be stockpiled till the rest of the cases arrive in two months (after the chinese fuctory completes mods, applies stickers, paints) and then everything gets assembled by a sub-contractor??

We keep getting very vague statements to say the least - one minute its we have 700 boards with another 800ish shipped (volcanic ash period), now it looks like its only 700 assembled with a month later 800 on their way (ok so the yanks had to mod the resistors - but I thought these boards were pre-populated - at this rate it will take alot longer than two months for PCB assembley) ... THEN

we have 700 completed units no errrr 400, then possible 700 next week, followed by ....

Yes I am getting anxious

I knew they are working very hard to get our Pandora's to us :), but look at it this way, it could be worse right? you could be 2nd batch??

ugh, it's quite irritating that every single part of this project has to be a farce.
i'll go back and resign myself to waiting 2 months for my pandora, it worked out better that way.

God Ginrai, on 01 June 2010 - 09:00 PM, said:
If it makes you feel any better, I am from 400-500. Also, Jacqueline told me that my order should be shipping out this week, but I have yet to receive my shipping confirmation.

-God Ginrai
I am in the 350-450 bracket, i like am trying to remain optimistic :)

I've got no concerns about what's going on, personally. Yes it's extremely frustrating trying to get accurate information, but vague information on this project is not a new phenomenon. ;) It doesn't mean the job isn't getting done.

I think I'm in the first 150-200.. I've received an email saying that mine will be despatched this week*, although I've not had the shipping email yet.

*in response to an email I sent about my postal address

Back