Release Aquaria

I have spare humble indie bundle 1,2,3 keys, the bundles included previous bundle as a bonus! and gave separate keys.

So yeah PM me if you want some free HIB games including Aquaria.

FWIW the steam version of Aquaria works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little bit unsure, but i have the feeling that something with collision detection doesn't work correct. in the game are passages which are blocked by rocks.Later in the game it can be moved, but at moment the character can move through the rocks. All the other collisions works fine, I think.

Thanks for this Great Release! Aquarias music and pandoras sound hardware truly suit each other.

Is it possible to set the right nub for singing instead of right shoulder+movement?

I played a LOT more Aquaria after this port, admittedly not on the Pandora - it's still a bit too slow with the older SoC, at least.

Quite a demanding game with all the GL textures and such I guess.

For me, this is a really big game!  it's taking me a long time even though I'm cheating and reading walkthrough notes for some of it...

There's one point the guy missed in the walkthrough...

You can avoid trouble in a certain very spiky place by switching to nature form... anyway... whatever!

I absolutely love this game, and it's so great to see it on Pandora. However on my 600MHz Rebirth unit it's definitely too slow to be playable. Moving around in empty areas feels too "sludgy", and fights with multiple enemies are basically impossible.

If there's any way you can optimise it, I would be incredibly happy (and a willing tester if you need one).

Does the "use the native compressed format of the SGX" trick and the "reduce texture size to the half" trick improves the speed a bit? My guess is that most performance is lost in the alpha blending, since the SGX is quite slow at it. An ugly hack, but can you use simple transperent pixels (like in gifs) to get more performance, for lower quality pixels? Or is it not supported by the gpu?

[bump]

Hi,

Thank you lunixbochs for this great port :)

It's a little too slow @ 600 MHz though, are you still working on optimizations  ?

Bye, Magic Sam

[/bump]

It's a little too slow @ 600 MHz though, are you still working on optimizations  ?
All Software for for Pandora runs a very little faster when you start them from Mini Menu ^_^

Have you tried to disable Zram before starting?

And plz make the newest "Ugrade OS" today,because there are Alsa Sound Speed Patches ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would realy love a "get most performance" button. With disabling zram, overclock the gpu / ram and set the cpu a high stable value. Maybe an other option in the zenity script where you can choose your cpu profile (600 opp3, 800 opp5, 1000 op5 ...)?

Back