Aquafish's Multi Firmware V5 !!

aquafish_

Certified Guru
Website
www.gp32x.de
3.jpg
2.jpg

my multi firmware v5.0 is out !!
it features the last european firmware, it is a lot faster, it has a zodiac like launcher as boot selector...
download it at www.egloo.fr.st

yay, i will flash it (my first time flashing) afer i next charge my batteries

Very nice! I have it installed, and I guess I will try to figure out how to modify the boot page, or make .zprs, or figure out what zprs ARE, or something.

Looks great; question though, does the pclink work in this version of the euro firmware? I remember in the last one it didnt.

jegHegy posted on Jul 8 2004 at 04:12 PM said:
the name is misleading. at least put "aquafish" or something before it, people might think it's spiv's.
when was the last time spiv updated his mulifirmware? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
jegHegy posted on Jul 8 2004 at 05:12 PM said:
the name is misleading. at least put "aquafish" or something before it, people might think it's spiv's.
Well it doesn't matter anyway as aquafish's firmwares are better than mr spivs recently, anyone who would only change to a mr spiv firmware is just being silly as i've used both and say that aquafish's most recent ones are by no doubt the best GP32 firmwares.

And also shotaway is right mr spiv hasn't updated his firmware for ages, and i am not sure if he ever plans to.

I might use this for the first time...few questions:

Is the directory structure the same on the GP32?

Fxe's go in GPMM? etc etc

If I dont like it can I go back to the Euro Firmware?

Kop_007 posted on Jul 8 2004 at 06:08 PM said:
I might use this for the first time...few questions:

Is the directory structure the same on the GP32?

Fxe's go in GPMM? etc etc

If I dont like it can I go back to the Euro Firmware?
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes

BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE BRAND NEW BATTERIES OR A POWER ADAPTOR JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT

!!!

I have just finished charging a fresh set of batteries so I should be ok.

New to this:

1 : Copy bconf.fxe and conf.zpr (or your any conf.zpr you've made with ZPR maker) in the gp:\ directory
2 : Launch bconf.fxe
3 : Rename the firmware file into fw.bin (amfw50a.bin include Yafl 0.3 and amfw50b.bin include Wind-Ups 1.0) and copy it in the gp:\ directory
4 : Copy fw.fxe into your smc, put new batteies in your Gp32 and launch fw.fxe

1. I copy these two files over to the base directory of my GP32 Smc?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having problems getting the boot.gif to display in the right colors. Everytime I try one it comes out in all the wrong colors, like if you jump into 8-bit color in Windows. :huh:

EDIT
Or PSP8 could just be gimp. Got it working.

Looks great; question though, does the pclink work in this version of the euro firmware? I remember in the last one it didnt.
oups, i forget to write that in the readme... no it dont work, i cannt correct this bug (too much complicated for me ;) ), but you can use pacrom's pclink or gpdrive...

Back