April is here - so whats realistic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not complaining... but my buddies at work think I'm a sucker!

They'll be the suckers in a few months when I have a Pandora.

Asmo said:
MWeston said it himself just before GP32 went down. He said Fatih had received the clear CNC, but he couldn't get it from him because he (Fatih) was 'away on business'.

Must... resist... passing... comment.....
Then I'll post for you. Everything that came before, all the mistakes made and outside delays, this is is the first time I've actually felt OP was totally at fault. This delay is something that should have been easily avoided. It wasn't caused by forces beyond their control, it wasn't caused by mistakes made in learning, it was caused because something that should have been a no brain solution wasn't done. It doesn't take 2 weeks to set up a UPS account.

Not to mention that (I don't know if this actualy delayed anything) they had a similar problem with the keymats. They had to go to fatih first.

I'm disappointed by this news too. Things have been quiet on the progress/blog front for a little while now. Seems like things are slowing down even more at the moment. For instance Craig mentioned that the keyboard layout has been decided, yet we haven't seen it yet (probably because of the stink that would erupt.) I know that we are waiting for M Weston to finalise everything and give the go ahead for production, but some info, more videos, more emulators, anything would be good now.

And where's my damn Wiz, that should have been here by now too.

Nope, they were done over a month ago, just look:

http://openpandora.org/

CE testing was done about a month ago. We should be getting our Pandora's any day now. Hope that Chiabatta holds it's freshness in the mail.

lingenfr said:
Nope, they were done over a month ago, just look:

http://openpandora.org/

CE testing was done about a month ago. We should be getting our Pandora's any day now. Hope that Chiabatta holds it's freshness in the mail.

If you're only kidding, then fine. If not, CE testing hasn't been done yet because though the prototype case was completed I thought it needed a few modifications and surely they have to send the 'CE people' as near possible to retail?

Maybe someone else knows more!

Yes, just kidding. The point being that the status on the front page has not been updated in quite some time. Hence we have no authoritative way of determining what steps remain. Also, in reference to CE testing, the last post was something along the lines of 'CE testing next week'. The specific point was made that they didn't need the final prototype or a production run for that. Then there has been no feedback since to say if the testing was done, if not, why not, nothing. And BTW, obviously it was intended in fun, hence the reference to Streak's post with the chiabatta.

There was a post, from Craig, on the other forum somewhere that confirmed CE testing in fact couldn't be completed until the new parts had been received.

Can't find it to refer to now, obviously!

Thanks for the feedback. That is part of the problem with using the forum as the means of communication between the dev's and the customers. There are too many threads with too many posts/pages to keep up. Regular updates to the blog and keeping the current status up-to-date on the webpage would limit (but certainly not eliminate) confusion. Cudo's to Fatih and others who have been posting to the blog.

lulzfish said:
Sometime in June, probably. The case will take a while to mass-produce, then they still have to do assembly and test a few units.

Sometime in July, maybe.

In about 2 months.

How long have we been hearing "2 months"? :lol:

I hope it's right this time :wink:

p&|a :)

Can the making of the mould and the CE/FCC testing run concurrently? That is what the front page seems to suggest... in which case (no pun intended), since I think it was said that CE/FCC testing takes one or two weeks, I guess we've got 30-35 days until the mould is finished and mass production can start. Plus probably a few weeks of super slow deliveries back and forth between China and various places around the globe. Anyone got an idea how long mass production, testing, and delivery are likely to take?

So yeah, like most of us, I'm guessing some time in July, perhaps August. Hmpf.

I think craigix said, more or less, "We're holding mass production until everything is completely done and checked"

So, I imagine the steps are like this:

1. Receive final case parts
2. Quick check that everything fits
3. Send a prototype for FCC / CE testing
4. Do a more thorough test of the clear prototypes
5. Receive FCC / CE authorization
6. Start mass production

They can't pipeline anything more than that without the risk of having some small glitch in the final MP models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back