[Application] RISC OS on the Pandora

Yes and no ;-)

Edit: This is Trevors "translation" from my first stupid english ToDo in the RISC OS forum ;-)

It is RISC OS from ROOL. You need only a Pandora. Not a external Keyboard and Mouse.

It is my compilation of the OS and the best freeware and my screendriver and my cmos. You can also take this question in the german forum, Or send me a mail. My englisch is a catastrophe. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have run a fast and easily customised operating system for ARM devices... look at https://www.riscosopen.org

What works? All thinks that works on the beagleboard port... https://www.riscosopen.org/wiki/documentation/show/ARMv6%2Fv7%20software%20compatibility%20list

What works not? All the old 26bit RISC OS stuff...

The most Hardware works. But we have no WiFi-driver in RISC OS :-(
For networking you need a external USB to ethernet adapter or a UMTS Stick and the !ComCentre (is inside in my distro) but the setup is a little bit fiddly.

@Neelix

Bluetooth and TVout not work but anybody work on it.

But our USB Host can also USB1.1 Devices ;-)

@Linux-SWAT

I will try this. At this time there is also a Pandora_A1.img.gz aviable.

In the middle of the week I hope you can find more Informatiion at

http://riscos.openpandora.org

So, could RISC OS be a default OS choice for the Pandora or is it not fleshed out enough yet (such as not having enough software/features)?

Can Wifi ever work on it? Also, I'm having an error when booting it up. It is:

Code:
Error: Unable to create files in "SDFS::Pandora.$.!BOOT.Resources.!Scrap.ScrapDirs", error returned is: "The disc is write protected. Move the write-protect tab and try again." (Error number &6)

I burned the Image to the SD card using Win32DiskImager.

Is your card writeprotect?

I have a card... the slider is moving to protect if I insert this...

Win32DiskImager I not try but it should work.

Are you in the desktop or in command line?

In CLI type *desktop

Cancel the message.

left click to the SD icon... Cancel the message.

One left click to !Boot.... down click --> menu --> App !Boot --> Access --> click Unprotected

Reboot.

WiFi is a problem on RISC OS. I mean nobody works on it :-(

Its telling me that its write protected. How did you manage to get it to go on a SD card?

Yes, its not write-protected. I'm going to copy the files over to my PC, format it and copy them back.

EDIT: It didn't work. It has to be a FAT partition.

Win32DiskImager works with the unzipped .img.gz

You can not handle the card with WIN, Linux or what ever. The second adfs-partition is unvisible and unusable...

You can only see the FAT with autoboot, the ROM and th CMOS...

You can only write the complete Image.

Uups, my Win32DiskImager not checked the card size. I have 3 2GB cards with different sizes. May be your card is to small.

I must go to work. I be back online in 1 and a half hour.

My disk isn't too small since its size is 16 GB. Btw, We should get someone to work on implementing WiFi.

Edit: I tried using WinImage to write the .IMG to it. It didn't work out. Maybe I should try the .IMZ next.

Is it possible to try ubit?

edit: traffic jam...

Try a other smaller card, please. May be you have a incompatible one.

Back