Release Application : HackerBooks

New version in the repo !

Version info:
#0.1.7 : released July 10th: Many new books added (R, PHP, Haskell, Lisp and more...) for a total of 112 books available total. A few added features here and there but nothing major apart from the contents.

Please don't call it "Hacker Books" any more

Call it "Library of books about hacking".

112 Books is a library.

Unable to download 5 books. One of which is:

http://tldp.org/LDP/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary.pdf

The .out file just shows "Download did not work". All other books downloaded just fine.

D.
Confirmed,  I also wasn't able to download this book via Hackerbooks.   Interestingly It doesn't work with firefox's built-in PDF viewer either, though downloading via firefox with save as works just fine, go figure.

I've noticed that the sort order reverts to unsorted every time the list is refreshed.  Is there any chance of making it remember the current sort order and re-apply it when this happens? (I tend to prefer to sort the list by Subject)

- Neelix

Unable to download 5 books. One of which is:

http://tldp.org/LDP/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary/GNU-Linux-Tools-Summary.pdf

The .out file just shows "Download did not work". All other books downloaded just fine.

D.
Confirmed,  I also wasn't able to download this book via Hackerbooks.   Interestingly It doesn't work with firefox's built-in PDF viewer either, though downloading via firefox with save as works just fine, go figure.

I've noticed that the sort order reverts to unsorted every time the list is refreshed.  Is there any chance of making it remember the current sort order and re-apply it when this happens? (I tend to prefer to sort the list by Subject)

- Neelix
I will check what's happening with that one and the others too. By the way what are the other 5 that did not work ? 

For the sorting order, Yeah, it should be feasible but I need to find the way to do it. I am not familiar with this kind of things (yet). I will fix this in next version hopefully. 

New Release on the repo : 

0.19 -> with keyboard shortcuts for most features and a number of new books added to the collection :)

Such as the ZMOT book from Google (Zero Moment of Truth), a recommended reading if you are interested in marketing. 

"The Future of the Internet" was also added and seems to be an interesting book, too. I havent read much of it yet, though.

Let me know your feedback !

Latest version in the repo for the hackers out there :

#0.1.9.11: released Sept 16th: Added about 4-5 books. Among them, Open Government from O'Reilly and CIML for Machine Learning.

ENjoy ! :)

Hi ekianjo,

as written in another thread I bought a new SD card and tried to move from one partition to a new (named) one. Now hackerbooks refuses to start. Is there a way I can continue using it, without deleting the appdata folder (thus loosing the downloaded books)? Maybe there is a file where I can manually change the partition names?

Back